SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate
Yeah, I've had the inner trim off already. Thanks!

Mine looks like it's had a wee shunt before, perhaps a badger or something. 2 of the 3 tabs on the bottom of the front bumper are snapped, and the metal bar behind them is a little bit bent.
The passenger wing has a tiny bit of bubbling at the leading edge too, and there are various ltitle bits all over the car with scratches repaired. Looks good from about 10 feet away though! lol

At least my rear beam is in good condition. Apparently it was replaced about 3k miles before I bought the car. It doesn't look all shiny or anything, but definitely seems in good nick. Could do with some rear brake pads though, I think.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 11:45 AM)me-tm Wrote: Yeah, I've had the inner trim off already. Thanks!

Mine looks like it's had a wee shunt before, perhaps a badger or something. 2 of the 3 tabs on the bottom of the front bumper are snapped, and the metal bar behind them is a little bit bent.
The passenger wing has a tiny bit of bubbling at the leading edge too, and there are various ltitle bits all over the car with scratches repaired. Looks good from about 10 feet away though! lol

At least my rear beam is in good condition. Apparently it was replaced about 3k miles before I bought the car. It doesn't look all shiny or anything, but definitely seems in good nick. Could do with some rear brake pads though, I think.

I dont have those 3 tabs under my bumper. They mysteriously disappear when you lower your car. Ive got a bit of bubbling but oh well! All the cool kids run camber so meh. My rear brakes are seized... so i fitted gti6 ones to the front. Duh!
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2013, 10:16 AM)SRowell Wrote: I dont have those 3 tabs under my bumper. They mysteriously disappear when you lower your car.

lol
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mighty car mods video is finally out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VpfSWxo7d0

BOOM! None of the outside of the car but an insane closeup of me playing the PS2 inside!
Thanks given by:
Ha ha, nice one mate! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good work on getting in the video dude, shame you werent in a club top but such is life, the grey 205 in the video is uber lush
Thanks given by:
Im sorry to say i really dont like them wheels on the state Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Where you by any chance going round the m25 at like 6 Friday afternoon I'm sure I recognise the car lol
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 07:03 PM)sherman306 Wrote: Where you by any chance going round the m25 at like 6 Friday afternoon I'm sure I recognise the car lol

sure was. Last friday yeh? That will have been its last journey! Were you in the blue 306 with like 5 people in it?
Thanks given by:
Yeah that was me 4 and a dog and a load of baggage lol 600 mile round trip no dramas despite a detached egr valve Smile
Thanks given by:
Now officially SORN.
Thanks given by:
What's the plans
Thanks given by:
Thought this was dead?

What did it fail on?beam?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
What bits inside have you painted red?
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2014, 08:00 PM)shazilla Wrote: What bits inside have you painted red?

If you check through the thread, it is glaringly obvious which parts have been painted. Seems he's done more or less the same as i have in mine.
Thanks given by:
Nothing really. Its had its days on the road and now its sitting in a car port with the interior unbolted and parts inside. Just waiting for the summer to take off the shinies and scrap it.
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2014, 08:12 PM)SRowell Wrote: Nothing really. Its had its days on the road and now its sitting in a car port with the interior unbolted and parts inside. Just waiting for the summer to take off the shinies and scrap it.

Why what happened?
Thanks given by:
It failed its MOT, Ive had to send the tax disc off now to SORN it as its not insured. Needs new P Bushes and a new rear beam and then its good to go. The chassis leg on the passenger side is damaged from a car crash and from being towed. It looks alright but its fairly ruined underneath. Its saveable but i dont have the time.
Thanks given by:
Ouch, Not allowed to keep tax if not insured? What you going to do, fix or sell?
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2014, 10:08 PM)shazilla Wrote: Ouch, Not allowed to keep tax if not insured? What you going to do, fix or sell?

Scrap probably. Nope you get a refund on the tax... unless youve got under a month left. And it was two days into my last month so i lost out there :/
Thanks given by:
Shame to see it go,if you want bits I work for euro, if u scrap it let me kno ill need sum bits
Thanks given by:
WTH?!

Get it fixed fella...its an ace estate..needs to live on...we love your mods!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So the list of work that needs doing to get this back on the road...

New Rear Beam,
Drivers Side Wing,
Boot Lid,
Complete interior and plastics as it is all stripped,
Suspension needs bolting in,
New Wishbones and P Bushes,
Inlet Elbow needs reattaching,
Boost take off needs refitting,
New Battery,
MOT & Tax.

Quite a big list but not impossible. I may be swapping projects at work which sees me doing a commute down to southampton each week may be better to get this fixed up and on the road than doing it in the 1.8.

At the moment its stil at my grans but covered in dust...

[Image: IMG_20140629_185031_zps0b4kiago.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140629_185042_zpstcuzwitv.jpg]
Thanks given by:
get it fixed up!!! Such a nice estate
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 11:47 AM)LewisG Wrote: get it fixed up!!! Such a nice estate

+1

as said, crack on when you get a spare weekend ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Have you put tights over the rear lights?!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 12:20 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Have you put tights over the rear lights?!

No its flyeyes.
Thanks given by:
Was 2 years ago this month we were trying to get this on this on the road first time round! How time flies eh...
Thanks given by:
Is it really worth it...? I mean, this thing really is a shed, looks good, but the mechanicals are ruined... Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-07-2014, 06:13 AM)Poodle Wrote: Is it really worth it...? I mean, this thing really is a shed, looks good, but the mechanicals are ruined... Confused

Sounds familiar... Dodgy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvery Stage 2+ Estate RA306 21 6,010 15-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: RA306
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 37,100 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 22,945 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore