Boot Build - Part 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot Build - Part 1
Hi all,

Just a few quick pics to show what can be done during a bank holiday weekend when the weather is looking pretty gash!! I was going to write up a guide to show how it was done but I felt I would just be copying this pretty much as that is the guide I used so massive thanks goes out to n_olympios over on TalkAudio as their guide was a great help.

I'm planning on doing another for the otherside in due course for the amp to be housed away neatly so I may write one up after then if people really want it as they would like to try it too but I would strongly advise reading the guide linked above as that is all I used.

I had never done anything as big as this before, I've used fibreglass for a boost gauge and iPod holder in the past but that's all the experience I have as well as a GCSE in making things so it is something I would say is achievable for most given the time and patience as I have spent a good 2 days on making it!

Anyway, here is the build so far:

[Image: IMAG0046.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0045.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0047.jpg]

I still need to find somewhere to house the bass controller and get it OEM looking and then build another box for the amp and jobs a good 'un but that's enough for today! Beer & smoke O clock now and time to enjoy the rest of the bank holiday!

Matt
Thanks given by:
Very nice! Very clean and fresh looking!
Top class!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks pretty cool that does!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads, it wasn't that hard but just time consuming and a bit of thinking about angles etc.
Thanks given by:
That's SO two years ago Wink lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha, I don't have much of a care for what's in and what's not - if I like it then it's good enough for me Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice that! You got a link to the carpet oh used?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I got it from my local Car Audio Centre and the chap got the product code to put through the till from here:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -20151.htm

so I presume it would be the same stuff though cannot guarantee that.
Thanks given by:
Hm pricey..

I'll check cheap bay, see what's happening. Thanks mate.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
looks good that mate! Will be good to see a guide!
Thanks given by:
That looks sweet.... My sub would never fit in there though!

Good work though! 8-)
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good! You've inspired me to get on and finish my boot build.
Thanks given by:
Would you fancy making another one of those to sell? Wink
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Want to do something like this with mine. Looks good
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Don't tell me.... payday matt? Were having a mini meet at yours to do this?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nope nothing like that, have all the bits, just too lazy to actually build anything. Got other plans on atm!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback and I'll try and get a guide up if/when I get round to doing similar for the amp. The sub I've got is a 10" shallow mount hence why it can get away with being small and probably cost around £50 to make all together though that is just a rough guess.

It's not massively hard to achieve so I'd say anyone can give it a go but it is quite time consuming so give yourself a couple of days and you should be fine.
Thanks given by:
Really tidy mate. iv toyed with it so many times, but A. getting the rear light out is a pain and B. im crap with angles and fiber glass. but you on the other hand have a bang tidy job of it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Very tidy that, good work Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice one lads.

I didn't remove the rear light to make the mould, you want to mould round it so the box can slide in and out easily and I didn't want to have to chop anything original so just mask round that too. Bit annoyed though as I forgot to put the jack and brace back before moulding so doubt that will fit now.

Angles wise isn't that hard either. You just make a mould bigger than needed and cut down to suit and the angle on the corner was just done with a hacksaw and plenty of swearing after it was all built and then cut to suit.
Thanks given by:
Looks great mate Smile I need to build me one now that is child friendly... Smile
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot Build? Josh1994 23 5,505 29-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  Boot build ideas Ben Jay 15 3,199 15-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Ben Jay