306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Boot Build - Part 1 - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Interior, Exterior, ICE (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Boot Build - Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=3937)

Boot Build - Part 1 - bongo - 04-06-2012

Hi all,

Just a few quick pics to show what can be done during a bank holiday weekend when the weather is looking pretty gash!! I was going to write up a guide to show how it was done but I felt I would just be copying this pretty much as that is the guide I used so massive thanks goes out to n_olympios over on TalkAudio as their guide was a great help.

I'm planning on doing another for the otherside in due course for the amp to be housed away neatly so I may write one up after then if people really want it as they would like to try it too but I would strongly advise reading the guide linked above as that is all I used.

I had never done anything as big as this before, I've used fibreglass for a boost gauge and iPod holder in the past but that's all the experience I have as well as a GCSE in making things so it is something I would say is achievable for most given the time and patience as I have spent a good 2 days on making it!

Anyway, here is the build so far:

[Image: IMAG0046.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0045.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0047.jpg]

I still need to find somewhere to house the bass controller and get it OEM looking and then build another box for the amp and jobs a good 'un but that's enough for today! Beer & smoke O clock now and time to enjoy the rest of the bank holiday!

Matt

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - 4WayDiablo - 04-06-2012

Very nice! Very clean and fresh looking!
Top class!

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - Jenkosowls - 04-06-2012

looks pretty cool that does!

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - bongo - 04-06-2012

Cheers lads, it wasn't that hard but just time consuming and a bit of thinking about angles etc.

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - cwspellowe - 04-06-2012

That's SO two years ago Wink lol

haha, I don't have much of a care for what's in and what's not - if I like it then it's good enough for me Smile

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - ginge191 - 04-06-2012

Nice that! You got a link to the carpet oh used?

I got it from my local Car Audio Centre and the chap got the product code to put through the till from here:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -20151.htm

so I presume it would be the same stuff though cannot guarantee that.

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - ginge191 - 04-06-2012

Hm pricey..

I'll check cheap bay, see what's happening. Thanks mate.

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - Eeyore - 04-06-2012

looks good that mate! Will be good to see a guide!

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - Alee83 - 04-06-2012

That looks sweet.... My sub would never fit in there though!

Good work though! 8-)

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - MarkTD - 05-06-2012

Looks good! You've inspired me to get on and finish my boot build.

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - MiiTCH - 05-06-2012

Would you fancy making another one of those to sell? Wink

Boot Build - Part 1 - Matt - 05-06-2012

Want to do something like this with mine. Looks good

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - 4WayDiablo - 05-06-2012

Don't tell me.... payday matt? Were having a mini meet at yours to do this?

Boot Build - Part 1 - Matt - 05-06-2012

Nope nothing like that, have all the bits, just too lazy to actually build anything. Got other plans on atm!

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - bongo - 05-06-2012

Thanks for the feedback and I'll try and get a guide up if/when I get round to doing similar for the amp. The sub I've got is a 10" shallow mount hence why it can get away with being small and probably cost around £50 to make all together though that is just a rough guess.

It's not massively hard to achieve so I'd say anyone can give it a go but it is quite time consuming so give yourself a couple of days and you should be fine.

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - puglove - 05-06-2012

Really tidy mate. iv toyed with it so many times, but A. getting the rear light out is a pain and B. im crap with angles and fiber glass. but you on the other hand have a bang tidy job of it

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - Curt - 05-06-2012

Very tidy that, good work Smile

Re: Boot Build - Part 1 - bongo - 06-06-2012

Nice one lads.

I didn't remove the rear light to make the mould, you want to mould round it so the box can slide in and out easily and I didn't want to have to chop anything original so just mask round that too. Bit annoyed though as I forgot to put the jack and brace back before moulding so doubt that will fit now.

Angles wise isn't that hard either. You just make a mould bigger than needed and cut down to suit and the angle on the corner was just done with a hacksaw and plenty of swearing after it was all built and then cut to suit.

Boot Build - Part 1 - TheGateKeeper - 06-06-2012

Looks great mate Smile I need to build me one now that is child friendly... Smile