Phase 2 windows into a Phase 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 2 windows into a Phase 1
Hi All, I have a phase 2 on my drive that's about to get taken away for scrap. My Phase 1 drivers window (both 3 doors) has given up the ghost.
I had bought what I though was the correct part from Window regulators onloine but I've ended up with the bit for the Phase 2 - bugger
Whilst stripping it all out on Sunday morning I got to thinking, will the entire window mechanism from the Phase 2 fit in the Phase 1? Apart from the connector type for the motor I can't see any differences. I am okay with a solder bolt so changing the connector doesn't phase me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Gordon
Thanks given by:
What was it that was different between the phases?
A 3dr to 3dr should be fine its just the 3dr to 5dr that differs massivly
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is a difference in window regulators I know trhat but i was thinking I could swap over the entire ting, window, runner, motor etc.
I was hopeing that someone else had done it to save me the AAARGH moment after stripping out both of them only then finding out it won't go.
Thanks given by:
Picking up regulators from a member of 306oc on Sunday so all's good :-)
Thanks given by:
mclearg Wrote:There is a difference in window regulators I know trhat but i was thinking I could swap over the entire ting, window, runner, motor etc.
I was hopeing that someone else had done it to save me the AAARGH moment after stripping out both of them only then finding out it won't go.

It can all be swaped over. I put a ph1 3door s16 reg/runner ect in the mrs ph2 xsi. no problems

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thanks I'll be trying to swap them over next weekend
G
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 xsi phase 3 central locking issue!!! Seabrook3607 2 1,422 16-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Seabrook3607
  1.6 Phase 3 Dash Board Issue Jama 3 2,302 09-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Jama
  PHase 1 3 door bouncing window?? Redordead89 2 1,433 21-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Toms306