Phase 3 smooth boot progress :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 3 smooth boot progress :)
Right, have had my ph3 boot adverised for a while now with no takers, so decided to crack on with my original plan and turn it into a smoothed boot Smile

Got the badge/bootlock shipped off to Gareth and the hole was taunting me (lol), so decided to crack on with it. Pic once the badge was removed:

[Image: 5a086821.jpg]

The sanded down the surrounding area ready for welding (yes this is being done properly and being welded, not just fibreglass/filled over:

[Image: 271fc017.jpg]

Welding pic....awaits the health and safety brigade for welding with no gloves Rolleyes :

[Image: 82911d75.jpg]

We are by no means professional welders, but it is solid as a rock. Pic of the plates on the inside of the lid (welds are on the outside):

[Image: dfe4ac55.jpg]

So that's how it stands at the moment, both holes all welded up and all the welds grinded down and prepped ready to be skimmed, didn't realise I didn't have any filler so will have to pick some up tomorrow Doh

Also removed the washer jet as this will be pointless being there once dewipered, but does anyone have any ideas on how I could get behind to weld that hole up? Solid bodywork behind the hole with no access from the rear:

[Image: 5f5cac5a.jpg]

So yeah, I'm off work until wednesday so I'm hoping to get this done, primed and up for sale before I go back on Wednesday, maaaybe in time for FCS *wink wink* lol.....hopefully will be a bit of interest in it on here!

Zat is all for now folks, until tomorrow Smile
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would personally of welded from the inside, that's how my wings were done
Thanks given by:
That was the original plan but my dad said it would be better to weld from the outside? Either way it's still solid, just ready to be skimmed with filler now
Thanks given by:
Done some more today, have had to call it a day as I don't have a garage or somewhere dry to work and it's raining Sad was hoping to get it finished today.

Fillered up:

[Image: 73101d44.jpg]

Then did all the usual sanding, seemed flush enough so gave it a guide coat of primer to expose high/low spots but it seems pretty good so far Big Grin

[Image: 3255b4c5.jpg]

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so will give it another very light skim, and then it's pretty much just ready for primer. Still unsure how to block up the washerjet hole yet.

If it dries up then hopefully it should be done Monday or Tuesday now Smile

Also zinc primered the plates inside to prevent rusting
Thanks given by:
looking good mate . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude, sucks not having a garage to do the work in though, all comes to a halt when it rains! Would have been finished today otherwise!
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty good, could make some money out of this, I'll buy this one, then I'll send you mine weld that up sell on and so on Smile haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah I'll see if there's much interest in this and will do more if there is. Picked up another 3 door door to smooth too Rolleyes lol
Thanks given by:
Haha should keep you busy Wink
Thanks given by:
Well let me know if you want yours done once you see what this one is like Wink
Thanks given by:
Sure thing Smile
Thanks given by:
Another update!:

All keyed and tac'd:

[Image: f0f30853.jpg]

Primer:

[Image: b35a4273.jpg]

flash coat of high build:

[Image: f38f265d.jpg]

And then retardness kicks in by dropping my camera on the boot Rolleyes :

[Image: a91cbf73.jpg]

So this is how it stands now, little touch up of the mark waiting to dry:

[Image: 5d415d98.jpg]

Hopefully if the rain holds off this will be finished today. Decided to leave the washer hole after because a) I couldn't find a way to weld the hole and b) most people put the spoiler over the hole anyway lol
Thanks given by:
Finito:

Paint still wet:

[Image: 30ec1552.jpg]

Dry and finished:

[Image: c56d8f3e.jpg]

Wiper/motor will be removed and a grommit fitted for sale along with the sticker in the window
Thanks given by:
Looks great mate. You'll have to work out prices Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£60 collected and its a done deal, wouldn't even consider posting it with the glass lol...if there's enough interest I'll knock a few together
Thanks given by:
ill sound really stupid.. how will you open the boot?
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 01:32 AM)bowers Wrote: ill sound really stupid.. how will you open the boot?

Switch in the dashboard
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 01:32 AM)bowers Wrote: ill sound really stupid.. how will you open the boot?

Fit a boot popper. Some fit a button on the dash somewhere that pops the boot, and there are some who fit a popper where the bung usually goes when you remove the rear wiper motor/arm that locks and unlocks with the central locking.

Smile
Thanks given by:
:O i want one. where can i get these poppers how easy are they to fit etc. not the central locking one as my remote doesnt work =[
Thanks given by:
http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/falcon-...ad=froogle

And your remote not working doesn't matter, as long as the central locking (everything locking/unlocking at the same time rather than having to unlock/lock each door individually), you'll still be able to use it.
Thanks given by:
omg i really really want this now haha just need to get hold of a smoothed boot :/
Thanks given by:
craig-o is selling the one above for £50 in the for sale section i believe
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 01:43 AM)bowers Wrote: :O i want one. where can i get these poppers how easy are they to fit etc. not the central locking one as my remote doesnt work =[

Doesn't matter if your central locking doesn't work, you wire in a separate feed anyway
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
im interested in one if your still doing them.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by: