Sigma 5dr 1.9 XUD Project Dyno Results Included

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 5dr 1.9 XUD Project Dyno Results Included
(01-07-2012, 07:47 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: The rad was swapped Mark, found a nissens in the scrappy, it wasn't pressurising, but the HG is blown between cylinders.

Bear in mind this has ran for maybe 5 minutes since the sudden loss of power, so it is recent!

Strange how its not pressurizing though if its blown Sad bit of a shite!

And I will have my spare rad back if you haven't used it then Big Grin

Have you taken the rocker cover off to see what state the cam and bucket are in on that valve?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
The gasket wasn't in good condition at all, think jonny described it as complettely de-laminated. Haha, I'll set up a photography booth next time, maybe do some light paintings if that's what you're after? Big Grin

Cheers for the radiator btw
Thanks given by:
I'll drop the rad to you Mark next time I'm passing.

Yeah, the rocker cover is off the cam seems fine.

Just to clarify, ALL the pistons have a valve shaped mark on them.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(01-07-2012, 08:01 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: The gasket wasn't in good condition at all, think jonny described it as complettely de-laminated. Haha, I'll set up a photography booth next time, maybe do some light paintings if that's what you're after? Big Grin

Cheers for the radiator btw

Jonny would describe it as that but they aren't laminated in the first place, all the layers are seperate and only held by the rivets Wink

And you don't need to go through all that effort, just being able to see the subject in the photo would be handy Tongue thats all I'm looking for............

No worries on the rad, just thought it would help Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Told you I was running out of experience! I thought they were supposed to be laminated together Blush

Thanks given by:

Not sure if these are of any assistance...
Thanks given by:
Its been about a month now since this one stopped working and this weekend everything seems to have come together. Hopefully the rest of it will all go back together over the next few days without issues then i can have it as my daily again, getting sick of plodding around in a punto.

It's got a new head on, which came off a Xsara, had fun at the scrap yard trying to lift it. When taking my old head off the dowell wasn't in (for some reason......) and so didn't know it excisted, thanks for clearing that one up Mark. Progress slowed down a bit when i dropped a fuel filter housing bolt into the fly wheel, WOOPS!! Bosch pump is also now on and working.

So spent a bit earlier ragging it up and down my drive, fine tuning it. There was a really bad boost leak, eventually figured out that the lack of a boost compensator probably didnt help!

Threre was still all sorts of colours coming out the exhaust, if it was black all the time then I would be happy, but the fact that there is still some blue/white smoke (honestly can't tell which one it is), although it does smell of unburnt diesel. Assuming that either the timing isn't spot on or it happens to start with after a head change until everything is all bedded in.

Fingers crossed it will be reliable for at least a fortnight this time and then I can start getting a bit more ambitious and push on, making the car a hell of a let better instead of having to keep on fixing it, haha.

Thanks given by:
Boost gauge fitted Confused

Running 18 psi on a T2, good enough for now.....
Thanks given by:
epic win boost gauge, it's how true pro's fit them....

Thanks given by:
(24-07-2012, 10:00 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: epic win boost gauge, it's how true pro's fit them....

Not true.........a pro would have used cable ties Wink

when you getting your gear linkages Jonny? they are sat here next to me Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Sunday at the meet/steam show if I'm free?

I'll bring your rad for you as well!

Thanks given by:
at the meet would be cool if your free Smile

I will be with the family during the day so I will be grumbled at if I end up carrying a rad, she will moan enough about me buying tools Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Sure, it can live in the car for the day lol

Thanks given by:
Another little update on what's been going on lately.

Had a decision about what to do with my side skirts, try and hunt down Sigma paint (which doesn't actually exist!!!) or do them gloss black. In the end, took the easy/cheap option and went for gloss black. They've come out a lot better than I thought.

With Jonny's 'proffessional' welding skills, the back box has gone, there's still the mid box and cat though. Bit of a leak though, so hopefully i'll stay alive till it gets fixed!

Also, got some 60mm springs, 40mm just doesn't quite look good enough to me. Once those are on, will be needing to get the back lowered. I got so excited i decided to wear them......

Thanks given by:
That looks awesome!!!

Thanks given by:
(09-06-2012, 08:20 PM)puglove Wrote: Tidy project mate, think it needs a ph1 front end conversion ! ph1 sigma = most epic 306 ever made

Edit: looks good though mate :thumbup:

Cast your eyes to my sig...

Got I miss that car Confused
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Out with the old

And in with the even older!!

Hopefully this engine won't dick me about.
Thanks given by:
why did you let smallest member of oc be on the end of a big crane with a big engine dangling off the other end of it? just asking for trouble if you ask me....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:52 PM)samass Wrote: why did you let smallest member of oc be on the end of a big crane with a big engine dangling off the other end of it? just asking for trouble if you ask me....

Same reason we let the stupidest member of OC tie the knots in the rope holding the aforementioned engine, shortly before it ended up back on the garage floor. Luckily it wasn't that high off the ground!

Thanks given by:
lucky you werent walking underneath it then eh jonny?

Thanks given by:
F*ck you, you're like an inch taller than me!

Thanks given by:
Well, its a very difficult life for him, so I do what I can to make him feel like a normal human being.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:04 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: a normal human being.

What the hell is one of those?

Thanks given by:
ones thats more than 3 feet tall?

spose you're good at limbo tho eh?

Thanks given by:
Felt like being different, so I'm gonna have a stripped out 5dr track car Big Grin

Just messing, half leather went in.

Few things to note at the back, tinted rear lights, lowered and 22.5mm TB's are fited (What an epic difference they make btw)

A horrible, disgusting, vile creation of an exhaust......

Also sprayed all the plastic trim black, so the interior is looking pretty damn tidy.
Thanks given by:
Those lights are so bodgetastic it's awesome!

Grab spare lights, satin black paint from a distance, pile on the laquer, job jobbed!

And that 'zorst... Hmm.

Thanks given by:
shame, five door track car would be awesome!

Thanks given by:
Should one vinyl rap the roof in black?

Thoughts. I'm thinking it'll look pretty sweet. I don't want to spray, once Sigma is gone, it is GONE.
Thanks given by:
yes do it.

Thanks given by:
Have a look through my project thread when i sorted the rust bubbles round my sunroof i carbon wrapped mine Smile
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,742 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Star JIMBOS ph3 xud Rolling road results Jimbo 178 27,794 22-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  Sigma ph1 dt. Project respray :) Stopped Cat flaming C underground375 44 8,201 22-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno