XUD9 gear stick wont move forwards or back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD9 gear stick wont move forwards or back
Hi,

So my ph1 Dturbo has been left sitting for a few years, now have the motivation to get it back on the road. The car started no problem but the gear stick will only move side to side not forwards or back, it does move the tiniest bit back but not nearly enough to engage a gear.

After some googling and being under the car i am none the wiser as to what part is causing this, anyone know what part of the mechanism deals with the forwards and back movement? I can see one rod from the passenger footwell which goes in and out when moving the stick left and right, is it meant to also rotate or is there another rod I can't see?
Thanks given by:
Big Grin 
Sooooooo finally got this moving. The thing that done the trick was attempting to loosen the linkage at the bottom of the shifter. This actually gave me a lot of leverage and got it moving again. Everything oiled or greased and moving pretty freely now. Glad to have it able to move under its own power again.
Thanks given by:
Seems like the solution in the end was a bit of brute force! Glad you got it sorted Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't engage 1st or 2nd gear (gearstick won't move left) CaptainHair 4 2,353 09-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Last Post: ROBCAT
  Dip stick problem.. bluebenz1 5 2,020 11-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Last Post: cully
  Gear stick like jelly? Eeyore 22 4,588 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Eeyore