Which Aux Belt tensioner???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Aux Belt tensioner???
Hi guys, tearing my hair out here in NZ, my trusty 306 DT threw the aux belt yesterday and the reason.. belt tensioner broken. Further investigation reveals that this tensioner is nothing like anything available on the web. Indeed it looks homemade! Even further investigation reveals it was always routing the belt incorrectly !! the belt seems actually too short to route correctly!!!

Now trying to source the correct parts. Can someone please help me choose them correctly? I would be fed up if I ordered the wrong ones, they took ages to arrive plus shipping costs etc etc.

Full details: The Xud engine has PAS and A/C and a Bosch pump. The car is a 1998.

Thanks a mill in advance Smile
James
Thanks given by:
Not sure but this recent thread about the XUD tensioner setup might help.  https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread...=tensioner .  The aux drive belt on that setup (number 20 in the diagram) is part number 5750.VS and is 1740mm in length.

Worth looking through the XUD section to see if there is any more useful info in there.  Can't help any more than that I'm afraid as have never owned an XUD.

Edit: Do you have any Peugeot dealers in NZ these days? They can definitively tell you the parts you'll need from the VIN number.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2019, 10:58 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Not sure but this recent thread about the XUD tensioner setup might help.  https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread...=tensioner .  The aux drive belt on that setup (number 20 in the diagram) is part number 5750.VS and is 1740mm in length.

Worth looking through the XUD section to see if there is any more useful info in there.  Can't help any more than that I'm afraid as have never owned an XUD.

Edit: Do you have any Peugeot dealers in NZ these days?  They can definitively tell you the parts you'll need from the VIN number.

Hi, thanks for replying. I think this ac has been dealer fitted when the car was new. The switches are ‘odd’ for the model. Also I bought this as a one owner 50k mile car. From a retired couple. No way they were into diy. Thus I think it’s been ‘wrong’ From new.
Ive has a look at that thread you mention Nd it shows a very fancy looking alternator bracket that I just can’t tesolve as being fitted to mine. Admittedly vision is quite limited with the wheel off.

I’d like to get some ‘real-world’ info from folks who’ve done a few of these. If possible.
Then I can order the Correct parts and go it all properly Smile
Cheers
Thanks given by:
It would be very difficult & costly to retro-fit AC as it's integrated with so many other components in the car.
Thanks given by:
True I’m sure. But the weird location and look of the double ac and recirculated switches is very odd.
Particularly as the car already has a recirc setting. Strange.
Thanks given by:
If you contact a dealer they should be able to confirm that AC was fitted from the factory.... or not, as you believe. Non-AC models do have a different bracket & tensioner.
Thanks given by:
Good idea! I hadn’t thought of that Smile
Thanks given by:
It is likely someone was put off by the dealers price for an adjuster, and admirally tried an alternative.
I'm in Christchurch NZ at the moment and recently bought a bundle of stuff including this adjuster from an ebay seller in Lithuania.
edit: seller name is sm.autoparts
The same guy has other things like steering and cv boots and he is helpful if you can provide a vin to check.
Noticed yesterday he also has a lucas pump stop solenoid I might need if my recrimping attempt fails to stop leak.
Postage is more reasonable from Lithuania than the UK which helps tremendously.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aux belt tensioner celesboy1 8 3,720 09-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Last Post: weka
  Urgent help needed, belt tensioner aux. Easy Spoonaltap 4 1,947 15-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Last Post: maxaret
  Aux belt tensioner philpemberton94 0 1,049 14-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Last Post: philpemberton94