French car show 2018

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French car show 2018
Friday :
So set off with the plan to meet tom at fcs camping.I Got stuck on the a14 for nearly 2 hours in 33c heat.As i got nearer to donnington the car was making a odd sticking noise,as i putted over to check, getting out of the car i noticed it was actually the road which had melted !

So We ended up camping in the quieter camping area with kent and his mate ryan.We went to find a pub and watch football so was'nt there to long.

Saturday: Got on stand which was far left as you enter the main gate.Bascailly tucked in the corner.I didnt partically mind this as if i had to do any work on the car there would be plenty of space to do so.

track time was 13:00-15:00.So we got briefed then hired helmets giving us enough time to look around the show. People have commented about size/quility of the show saying it was worse that prevous years .but it's always been about seeing friends and tracktime to me,so i wasnt fussed.

So are 2 hour open pit starts.because i was to lazy i decided to drop my trye pressures after my 2 sighting laps.Took it to the nankang garage and psi in the fronts was 43!! Whoops.

So dropped them off,went back out for 6-10 laps the tryes where holding a constant 29 psi which i was happy about.I got talking to a 24 eundurance driver who (for free) came out with me.ended up being a 20min tuturional session for free.

I think tom will back me up in saying the differences between laps after this was day and night, my braking was later, turning in and apexing constantly.we got decent passes and even had a clio 220 who didnt have to pace to keep with us.Also a massive bonus we probably put in 30 laps and no black flag.i did have a slight side ways moment which put into the green(which later found out in loss a wheel weight)
But apart from that the 6 did another faultless perfomance.

[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
FCS this year did seem to get a lot of stick from people on facebook etc from what i saw. I personally had a decent day, probably not as good as previous years but still a good day out. It was a bit quieter but that could of been due to a few different reasons (football/castle coombe show) plus maybe the french car scene isn't as big as it use to be. Was a shame the stand only had a handful of us on it this year but that maybe a factor from pugfest being the weekend before which if i had to choose between the two would rather go to pugfest.

Would be good if we could have a good crack at this next year and try and get a good group of use there as Sam said these shows are good but its mainly a good chance to catch up with your mates.

I'll try and post some pics up when i get round to it.
Thanks given by:
looks like you had a great time sam. Are you still selling it then? Pugfest was well attended this year and they were back to back resulting in people not being able to make the event. If it had of been its usual date I would have been able to come :/
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2018, 09:45 AM)Eeyore Wrote: looks like you had a great time sam. Are you still selling it then? Pugfest was well attended this year and they were back to back resulting in people not being able to make the event. If it had of been its usual date I would have been able to come :/

Yeah decent.mainly because the exhaust held up so we got max driving time and weather was very good.

Atm I'm missing a clone wheel bolt but I think I have sauced  one.And also have to get 2 new tyres  on the front.yeah I'm still selling,hopefully to someone local.

This weather isn't helping my motivation though
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Selling??? Noooo
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pugfest 2018 Photos Eeyore 6 3,285 20-07-2018, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Biggen
  Report: French Car Show 2017 - Saturday 15th July 2017 Eeyore 10 4,252 19-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Orta
  French Car Show 2017 Photos Eeyore 8 3,107 17-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Weemangti