Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
So do you build engines for a living??
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 06:27 PM)Jonny b Wrote: So do you build engines for a living??

Thankfully not!

So got in from work and straight back into rebuilding it. I wish i had of just pulled the engine out of the car as it was a complete bastard doing it in the car on my back! Just got in from the cold and its all back together so just needs oil and a filter tomorrow and starting up.

If it plays up again, its being dumped on the drive for a while whilst i find motivation for it because the past few evenings really have lost it for me! Im a bit annoyed that i haven't found something that was 101% the issue although I'm pretty damn sure as is most other people that its a combination of contaminated oil in the bed in and a loose main bearing.

We will see tomorrow!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well done mate...

Keep at it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
hope you get this all sorted out, we havent got enough supercharged 306's in this club as it is
Thanks given by:
Ha ha as you know bud disregard my pisstaking!! Get ιt done!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 09:56 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha as you know bud disregard my pisstaking!! Get ιt done!!

Hello pops Wink

Niall you've done a sterling job getting this far Smile. Take your time now, do it right and then revel in your own awesomeness Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
You'll get there mate!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Keep on at it,nearly done Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Like everyone said keep going at it mate.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair play for cracking on with it!
Thanks given by:
Had a slow.day at work today and managed to read this entire thread sat at my desk Smile it's a shame what's just happened but over all you have come such a long way with this.build it all looks very smart aswell hope to see it back up.running very soon
Thanks given by:
Well she's alive!
Over the past week, I've rebuilt the engine with all new bearings and realised how much i rushed the engine build to start with and come to a list of several conclusions which could of caused the failure:

Contaminated oil. Most likely and suspected by most I've spoken to including a engine builder
lack of oil pressure due to crank pulley not being torqued up. Least likely imo as it doesn't look like oil starvation damage
main bearing cap between cylinder 1 and 2 had one bolt not overly tight. Could of caused a localised lack of pressure at big end 1.

Either way, all of these have been addressed and I've fitted an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on.
So, last night, fitted the gauge, warmed the car up and as soon as the oil warmed up, it came out as fast as it went in. Attempt two (now in the dark) and it seemed fine. Turns out its still dribbling but i can deal with that tomorrow. Because some prat put a supercharger in the way, getting to the pressure switch and sender is a right pain.
This morning, cleaned up the oil to monitor it and fixed my speedo. Oh and hacked my bonnet apart so it doesn't bang on the charger manifold lol
Was supposed to be driving down to Chichester (brave or stupid?) to see some forum gays but had to give that a swerve as by this point, it was 2pm so instead went out for a local drive which turned into a 50 mile round trip of epic country roads. Couldn't noon properly but was still great fun stopping several times along the way to check fluids, leaks and move the go pros. Oh and then we broke down!

[attachment=14317]

Surprisingly though, it wasn't me who broke down! Was also quite amusing as 100 yards before this, Grant decided to have a choice word or two with a cyclist who then over took us laughing lol.
So yeah, so far so good!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Question Naill. You say it had a boost leak when you mapped it. Doesn't that mean if you fix the boost leak it'll be lean as fook? Or are you just leaving it leaking for now?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Well its mapped up to about 4 psi of boost and I'm only driving it carefully at the moment. Barely going over 1psi until its run in and by the time its run in, i will have the new pump and charger manifold so will get it remapped then Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Fair play to you for getting it running buddy, upload some footage now!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Videos are uploading as we speak Smile

(15-03-2014, 06:06 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Fair play to you for getting it running buddy, upload some footage now!

http://youtu.be/P_Lp28VSdOc
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Awesome dood...

Need internet to be faster...doh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Give the beans lad Smile

You looks quite cramped in a 306 lol

Good to see it's running,have experienced the "f*ck thats fast"moment yet?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Nice work Niall. Try not to break it this time... Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Probabaly the best project going; like lobb said the other day, would be boring if it was all straight forward, but the fact you keep on going with it despite being so close to complete engine failure!

Will be awesome once those final niggles are sorted! Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 11:10 PM)7057sam Wrote: Give the beans lad Smile

You looks quite cramped in a 306 lol

Good to see it's running,have experienced the "f*ck thats fast"moment yet?

Not giving it any beans yet. Still running it in but believe me, i want to! lol.

Lol thats just how i sit. Could move the seat much further back but not comfortable like that.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looking good buddy! x
Thanks given by:
Good stuff Niall, I'm pleased for you after the hiccup

Thanks given by:
Just FYI, Big ends are still intact lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Still pulling like a train Niall, only got niggling issues left now?

Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 07:58 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Still pulling like a train Niall, only got niggling issues left now?

Yeah just got a snagging list to deal with now which is mainly just tidying stuff up (mainly the loom). Im in no rush now so taking a break from spending all my time on it. I was aiming to get it remapped before FCS but tbh, I'm not that fussed now as i don't think it will be making it on track for financial reasons. Was going to but this month has been really hard on me financially and keeps getting worse so will take me a while to recover.

Anyway, woke up this morning at the missus to find out some prick had driven down her road taking all the wing mirrors off the cars parked on the road. Thankfully i couldn't be bothered to get the 6 out to take that round there so was in the love ceed

[attachment=14547]

So thats just cost me £50 i haven't got at the moment but thankfully I've found out who it may have been so they will certainly be receiving more than a £50 bill!

Anyway, as i said earlier on, my local engineering place buggered up the pulley on my charger trying to remove it so....

[attachment=14548]

Brute force and ignorance wins! Big Grin
More boost here i come!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What a scrote, was he just driving shite or actually tried to break them on purpose you think?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
It was done on purpose. No one could take out shit loads of mirrors by accident lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Never understand what people get from doing something like that. Dodgy

Glad the GTi's running well though, and holding its shells so far. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good call mate, sit back and revel in the fact that you built it yourself, no kit. Come back to it when your driven to tidy it up Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,754 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,396 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,628 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese