Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
Hope more mapping brings you good power.
Thanks given by:
Good work... motivating me to get mine done!
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_3619_zpszygzjqqf.jpg]

Fitted! Didn't realise just quite how messy the old ones had become! Now just to tart up everything else lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I can't be bothered to check but did those lines always used to be pink?
Cam covers look great btw everyone needs more purple in their lives
Thanks given by:
They were a much darker pink (almost purple) but they are shite and have faded. Im going to get some braided ones i think
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
when will you sort out this pink hosing also...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
This looks terrible. Youve ruined it. I cant wait to see it to tell you how terrible it is...
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_3630_zpsynqnfd43.jpg]

Yay more parts!!!! Can you guess what it is yet?! (No, not the brown thing)

[Image: IMG_3632_zpsfxbpqtdr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3631_zpsy4dxpjwr.jpg]

The centre gap gives a perfect place for me to make a small scoop to feed air to the bottom of the IC covered by the front bumper
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
looks smart fella

Always thought theres too much bonnet gap though on yours...maybe its the masks or something!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
TBH it may just be the way i take photos as they are standard Valeo head lights and the bonnet is aligned correctly. It really doesn't look that bad! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Where did you buy it and how much?
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2015, 03:49 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Where did you buy it and how much?

Ebay and £4,769,126 but i paid an extra £4.50 for next day delivery.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
looks good and very clean!
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2015, 04:02 PM)Bridget Wrote: looks good and very clean!

Do you have any fifa football coins or nike airmax for us?
Thanks given by:
Always liked both that splitter and the laguna ones. I wonder if this one'd fit a ph.1
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2015, 04:59 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Always liked both that splitter and the laguna ones. I wonder if this one'd fit a ph.1

Might struggle. This is no where near as flexible as the laguna splitter and i had to bend this a fair bit to fit my car. Bear in mind the PH1 bumper is much more square Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(14-05-2015, 05:08 PM)Niall Wrote:
(14-05-2015, 04:59 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Always liked both that splitter and the laguna ones. I wonder if this one'd fit a ph.1

Might struggle. This is no where near as flexible as the laguna splitter and i had to bend this a fair bit to fit my car. Bear in mind the PH1 bumper is much more square Sad

Yeah that's as I thought really. Oh well!

Looks really good.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Same one Hovis has, looks smart
Thanks given by:
looks smart from the front now. Interested in seeing your Air box setup
Thanks given by:
Really like the look of the cupra r splitter definitely something i plan on doing.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Right, for now i have reverted back to a open filter in the bay. Im using my green cotton on the charger with a small heat shield as the enclosed filter was really cheap and letting through a surprising amount of shite. So i was expecting high air temps....

Well, been to ace tonight, had the laptop plugged in some of the way there and back. On the way there, the traffic was chronic. Stop start, not getting out of 1st gear and it was at 27 degrees. Not bad considering on the old IC, i would be seeing 45ish!
On the way home, i was moving much better and even after a bit of boosting about, i had 8 degrees. Ill take that! Also refitted my PTFE gasket now and it has made a substantial difference to the temperature of the manifold. It used to conduct heat ridiculously well due to the almost 1" thick mounting face. It got to the point where i couldn't touch the runners on the manifold because they were that hot. Now its just warm.

Issue now is, since moving my battery I'm having earth issues and i think this is what is causing my AFR issues. Although it will idle at the correct AFR, even when i was sitting cruising at a steady throttle, my AFRs occasionally jumped sometimes to 17! I also have a nice occasional whine (no, not the charger lol) from one of the speakers.
Time to break the multimeter out tomorrow me thinks!

Also, massive thumbs up to Stef for my beam. Can handles much better now. I just need to get some decent shocks on there and its sorted Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
8 degrees!

thats a win right there ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 10:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: 8 degrees!

thats a win right there ThumbsUp

Makes a noticeable difference to how it goes. From about 35-40 degrees onwards, it heavily retards the ignition which obviously results in a loss of power. Lower air temps have made a BIG difference to this car and considering my final power run when mapped (where the 215hp came from) was with it sitting at 40 degrees (because even with a air con feed over the air filter, it was struggling to cool down) i would imagine its probably a fair bit better. Will see when it goes back later in the year for more mapping work with better injectors and more boost Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
More ignition! Wink
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Personally id add another earth strap to the battery from a different position and earth the cam belt aide of the engine to the chassis. That'll probably be enough to solve it.
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 09:57 PM)Niall Wrote: Well, been to ace tonight, had the laptop plugged in some of the way there and back. 

@1:55

https://youtu.be/lTRftZx2tAo?t=1m55s
Thanks given by:
^^

FLOL
Thanks given by:
Don't you just hate it when the floor pan falls out of your really slow car?

Thanks Sam. You've just reminded me just how f*cking shite them films are
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 11:12 AM)Niall Wrote: Don't you just hate it when the floor pan falls out of your really slow car?

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 11:12 AM)Niall Wrote: Don't you just hate it when the floor pan falls out of your really slow car?

Your car would of fitted right in lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,827 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,667 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,701 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese