Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
Jacko Wrote:I want so many panels from the 1.8! But I doubt the colour will match.

Ph2 china + ph3 china = Fail (Two different shades)

Haha sorry mate there all almost gone. Drop me a pm of what you want and if they don't go, I'll let you know.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:I want so many panels from the 1.8! But I doubt the colour will match.

Theres abuot 7 or 8 different shades of china in total. How helpful of peugeot Doh
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
a different shade for every year I think. There's 7 shades of diablo I think..
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:

Theres abuot 7 or 8 different shades of china in total. How helpful of peugeot Doh
thats why my spoiler looks a slightly different shade. halfords cans just say china. i know it was different between ph2 and ph3 but didint know that their were 7/8 shades.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There was 6 shades of china overall. Great idea! Can understand a couple as it was about 2000 when it was illegal to use lead based paints but 6!?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Halfords matchs my china pretty well..

Ph2 china has a red fleck in the pearl. Whereas Ph3 china has just blue fleck in the pearl making it lighter
Thanks given by:
must be my spraying then. haha.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok so I've started swapping bits to the 6. Only a spoiler mind!

[Image: 03387a79.jpg]
Before

[Image: 7fedacb9.jpg]

Also started fixing my bumper off the 1.8 that split when some pone reversed into it. It was repaired at the garage but split again when I removed it so I've repaired it in true pikey style.

[Image: 32a2e47d.jpg]

Tomorrow hoping to fit my new speedo sensor (mine doesn't work) do a gearbox oil change, fit my gear linkages, auto dimming mirror and wing mirrors.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looks good Smile
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right had a good day at it today!
Finished fitting my cambelt. Took it for a spin and it seems fine now so I think the tapping was me just being a pussy/ed doe.
New speedo sensor and gearbox oil change

[Image: a90a3108.jpg]

Pikey filling FTW!
Change is so much smoother and easier now. The oil that came out was quite dark but supprisingly clean!

Also got my stalk controls fitted and my auto dim rear view mirror.

[Image: 6b4f9dd1.jpg]

Did make a start on he rear shocks and beam mounts but it started pissing down. Think I will wait till next weekend and drop the beam. Should be much easier!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looking good niall, keep up the good work

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Finished fitting my cambelt. Took it for a spin and it seems fine now so I think the tapping was me just being a pussy/ed doe.
[Image: 6b4f9dd1.jpg]

F Y C!! lol

Also, Black Ice; the most manly smell EVERRR!

Glad you've sorted the tapping issue tho matey Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Well sort of a update.

[Image: 17b49622.jpg]

Got some of the bits for my service at the weekend

Also bought some more detailing stuff as clearly the car had been cleaned by the polls for the past 10 years.....not good!

Also bumper is back in primer. Cracked the bloody thing trying to move it before it was properly dry.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It's definitely in need of a machine polish! Good work on the cambelt mate! If you want a hand with the rear beam at the weekend give me a shout Smile
Thanks given by:
Where did you get the polishing goods from?
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:It's definitely in need of a machine polish! Good work on the cambelt mate! If you want a hand with the rear beam at the weekend give me a shout Smile

Actually I might take you up on that. I need to replace my shocks and mounts and that beam has never been touched!

Got the polishing stuff from eBay. It's great stuff and they chucked the tyre stuff in for free. Want to get it all done before fcs but might end up doing it on the Saturday before fcs in the campsite lmao
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Got a feeling i may be joining you in the polishing at the campsite..
Thanks given by:
That's cool with me buddy, happy to help on the condition I can use your machine polisher Wink I'll chuck in a few quid for the products though obviously Smile

Just need to buy another clay bar, mine could do with replacing very shortly I think, and the ones you guys were using seemed a little soft and won't pick up heavy contaminants which I think I'll need to do.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:That's cool with me buddy, happy to help on the condition I can use your machine polisher Wink I'll chuck in a few quid for the products though obviously Smile

Just need to buy another clay bar, mine could do with replacing very shortly I think, and the ones you guys were using seemed a little soft and won't pick up heavy contaminants which I think I'll need to do.

No worries mate. It's always there for you to use.
Seeing as its getting close to the weekend, could get some clay from halfrauds but don't know how good the AG stuff is.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Fyi, they do megs clay at halfords. Got mine there
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
I've got AG clay; found it worked well tbh... Not used it on the new car, but it doesn't feel like the new one needs it too badly.

Niall, you sure you can't bring your car to mine Saturday and we'll smash your beam as well as mine??
I'm probs gonna head to curts 1st thing to grab the beam and some other stuff, so were ready to go straight away when you get to mine Smile
Thanks given by:
Ed I might be able to. My customer who I was supposed to be seeing tomorrow has cancelled so looks like I'm not working Big Grin

Oh and I'm f*cked off big time. Half way through repairing my bumper and I left it on the garden table last night. Needless to say it wasn't on there this morning. It's bloody split again so I've got to start over!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Ed I might be able to. My customer who I was supposed to be seeing tomorrow has cancelled so looks like I'm not working Big Grin

Oh and I'm f*cked off big time. Half way through repairing my bumper and I left it on the garden table last night. Needless to say it wasn't on there this morning. It's bloody split again so I've got to start over!

Now THAT is some epic news Big Grin ill speak to the missus later but I think the best thing is if I nip down to Curts earlier am, ill be back by 10:30-11ish!

Sucks majorly about the bumper though Sad surely you can use your existing one? Or is it not in good nick?
If you want you can bring it down and do that aswell? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Got my oil and filter change done yesterday. Took me an hour and half. Drained the oil and got the filter pliers on the filter and they just kept slipping. Someone had done it up tight with no oil on the seal. Was so tight that after I eventually managed to get a screw driver through it (just kept caving in to start with) and twist, it actually sheared the filter away from the base so i was just left with the base of th filter on the block. Tried to remove the manifold to get to it easier but couldn't do that because it was stuck to the block and didn't want to puLl it off because I didn't have a new gasket! Eventually got it off after lots of swearing.

Also got my rear shocks on and new centre section. Exhaust is still blowing from the manifold joint I think but it's much better and doesn't have a rotten centre section now!
Handles much better with the new shocks but bad news is its jacked the back up....

[Image: 51d5f80c.jpg]

Time for a visit to kris I think but won't be before fcs Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Not as bad as my van is currently sitting! lol!
Its like your old 1.8, just a little lower Wink

[Image: 8e30cc5b.jpg]
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Haha that is epic!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
[Image: 34720596.jpg]

Laziness ftw!

[Image: 373418f2.jpg]
Also got these for 10 quid. Might send them off for a refurb depending on price.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Where you get the lazy light kit?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above?! Wanty.

Though saying that, I know it'll end up doing a Grant and flashing people at random, before staying on when the ignition is off, and vice versa............. ninja
Thanks given by:
Got it from amazon. Maplins sell them slightly cheaper but it's on back order. Will also be modifying it slightly so I have follow me home headlights at night.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,754 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,394 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,627 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese