TDI - Tuning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDI - Tuning
Right, please stop me now if this company is crap.

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/

Basically an opportunity has come up to buy a second hand 'Tuning Box' which I understand is plug-and-play, easy lump of torque added to the engine.

Any thoughts / comments / recommendations?

I'm new to diesels so just wanted to know if this was a reputable company or whether to walk (or run) away.

Cheers!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Just a box of resistors that lies to the ecu about sensor readings
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Says that it is digital though, so not like those £20 eBay ones. Unless it is and the company is just very misleading...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
probably ^^
Thanks given by:
Some of them can be worked very well but most are the cheap box of resistors type
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why not get it mapped? Better than chipped tbh!
Thanks given by:
It's digital - i.e. it's got a switch on it...

1 and 0...

"Digital" means nothing... That literally means it probably has a single BC108 or a teeny op amp in there...

EDIT: Considering they can't spell Common Rail on their homepage, I would walk away pretty fast!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
superchips bluefin will be epic on your car mate.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:superchips bluefin will be epic on your car mate.

Think I heard good things about "bluefin" for the 130bhp punto grande 1.9 TD's. Apparently 190'ish.. :?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Do want a BlueFin, haven't got the £320...!

Gives you 3 maps though, your original, an 'eco' map and a power one..
Thanks given by:
My dad just got the Bluefin for his Mondeo ST, is epic with the full stainless system he's got on there. Can swap between maps too which is good.
Thanks given by: