Lucky F*cker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky F*cker
Always a reassuring sight to come home to:

[Image: a5ab2955.jpg]

Coming up the road in the van, had to get some tools out of the garage for work, and saw this ^^^
I immediately thought SH!T!!! someones tried to nick my motor! I didnt leave it like that!

Then my neighbour, who works for the RAC come over and said
'you are a lucky son of a bitch. Your car has been cranking itself down the road, and it took us 20 minutes to get into it'
I always leave my car in gear, as im on a slight slope, and lets face it, peugeot handbrakes arent the best... Not doing that again.
It was cranking for about half an hour apparently, and they were both amazed it started first time. They reckoned smoke was billowing out of the bonnet and wheel arches. There is a nice collection of metal filings around the engine bay. Haven't had a chance to look, but im guessing i can say hello to a new starter motor and flywheel in the near future.
This is how far it got, its normally parked infront of where my van is:
[Image: 2529d5da.jpg]

Just thankful they managed to get the battery off. They broke the door handle trying to get in, but a small price to pay against it catching fire or driving itself off IMO

And, not one wheel has been kerbed :pray: . It just mounted nicely on someones driveway.

So that situation could have been a hella lot worse.
Rep to the RAC man. Legend.

Now time to go and inspect my pikey wiring that probably caused this ninja
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
wait, so it tried to start itself?? jesus dude! you are one lucky fecker!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
WTF?? Lucky, but thats gotta be one hell of a short!! :o

And lucky you have an imobiliser lol.......if it'd got fuel through that would've been much worse! Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
blooomin 'eck!

that is lucky!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Buy that bloke a drink immediately!

Or a 99 Ice cream given the weather outside....(I believe this is the mutual equivalent of a pint nowadays if you get one with a flake)
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I am so NOT doing the Laguna button start mod now!!!! lmao
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Just leave it in 3rd or 4th in future lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fecking hell man! as per the title of your thread really! Confusedhock:

So as Ed says, in summary, push button start = bad idea Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
WTAF?! :eek:

As above, remembering that one... :?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hahaha that's f*cking brilliant!

What? Someone had to say it! Bit of luck you have a rac man living opposite you! Seeing as you clearly have some luck today, want to take my car for its mot in a bit?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So you left it in reverse? :?:

Man you are lucky! Get that euromillions ticket on.... Confusedhock:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow! That's unreal, I have never heard of anything like that happening before. Would love to know how the hell it happened...
Thanks given by:
720puggti Wrote:Wow! That's unreal, I have never heard of anything like that happening before. Would love to know how the hell it happened...

The most likely reason has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread I would say......
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
720puggti Wrote:Wow! That's unreal, I have never heard of anything like that happening before. Would love to know how the hell it happened...

The most likely reason has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread I would say......

Suspect #1:

[Image: u_laguna_startandstopbutton_fm67577.jpg]
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:Suspect #1:
[Image: u_laguna_startandstopbutton_fm67577.jpg]

Suspect number 2

[Image: 564271_10151775589535457_535920456_24405...2943_n.jpg]

More than likely the start button that did this.

I think because of the heat, some of my insulator tape warmed up and came loose, shorting the wires, causing it to crank.

With hindsight, i should have wired the crank button into switch live. But it was 1am when i wired it up.
Bit odd that it only did it now though. Anyway, ill rip it apart later and have a look see.

Just cant beleive it all ended up without disaster. Or too much disaster at least. Top bloke the RAC man for doing that.

New starter moter i thinks, at the least. You want to have seen the picture on his phone, with smoke pouring out of my wheel arches and grille. Looked like a bonfire under the bonnet. Ill try and get it off him later...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Should put a switch in so that when you lock it, it disables the switch. Also a bit more of a security feature.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
6 and two 3's

Just put it on switch live. Would be easier. And sensible.
Should have done that first time round lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If there was that much smoke I'd be worried there weren't other bits of wiring that could have been damaged...I'd be giving it a good check over! You're one lucky guy
Thanks given by:
Its boosted my confidence that ridiculous things like this don't just happen to me.
Thanks given by:
I just love the fact that it's billowing smoke out and he stops to take a photo. Lad.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Scott, i think the smoke was the starter motor getting its knickers in a knott, rather than electrical fire. Ill have a proper look later however, thanks.

And people have said to me i should charge him to replace the door handle (did i say he broke that, getting into the car to take the battery off?) but the way i look at it, I'm lucky i don't own the smoldering remains or a 306. Completely love him for what he did.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:I just love the fact that it's billowing smoke out and he stops to take a photo. Lad.

It was probably hard for him to hold the camera still inbetween the laughing fits lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Door handle is a minor price to pay for a neighbour doing you a favour and actually trying to help out. Asking for him to pay for it would make you a bit of a twat in my opinion! These people who suggested he pay for it...are they the same sorts of people that get hit from behind at 0.2mph and fall out of the car rubbing their necks asking for compensation? No offence intended by that, but it just seems a bit rude as it's not like he was trying to break in to steal something or to damage it. And in all fairness, Dum-dum will confirm how much they're made of cheese considering Tae managed to pull it off without trying!
Thanks given by:
Exactly Scott.

Nice to know people like that are out there, who genuinely want to help. He could have left it to go, and it would have been no skin off his nose.
Looks as if we are getting a door handle from the scrappers Sat too haha.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
That some lucky shizzle right there, never heard of a car trying to start itself before!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Lucky man indeed! Sounds like a top bloke. Be worth giving all the wires to the starter a good once over too as they would have got reeeally hot doing that...
Thanks given by:
very lucky there grant! now another one to add to the list along with that wishbone Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What wishbone? whistle

[Image: b6fdbb68.jpg]

[Image: 3cc951e0.jpg]

[Image: b5309bc1.jpg]

I swear my car is trying to kill me, or itself...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
fuckin mad that!
Thanks given by:
Your lucky mate, I once drove a car home on the starter motor when the engine wouldnt start so could of been alot worse
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scissors Jack corrosion - lucky :) maxaret 36 9,126 05-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  Lucky escape r.I.p the blue xud pioneer DJ paddy 38 8,159 08-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  new alternator! Lucky paul7278 2 1,165 18-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Last Post: paul7278