Rear Beam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Beam
Anyone had any experience with rear beams from IMAxle or am I better off going with a forum member on here (I think from memory ive been recommended stef in the past). Just looking at giving the suspension a freshen up over the winter and hopefully attend a few track days next year and Pugfest etc.
Thanks given by:
Ill have to find some names on facebook but heard nothing but bad things as i looked too and was pointed in a different direction by members of the community who rebuild and refurb them for a hobby or a job.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
they use very cheap bearings and attention to detail is not there whatsoever.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2017, 03:41 PM)TommiePuglet Wrote: Ill have to find some names on facebook but heard nothing but bad things as i looked too and was pointed in a different direction by members of the community who rebuild and refurb them for a hobby or a job.

Reviews and opinions you could find would be great thanks!

(28-11-2017, 04:00 PM)welshpug Wrote: they use very cheap bearings and attention to detail is not there whatsoever.

Thanks for this information, not what I want really when I play on keeping the car for a while, I want something that’ll last and not have to be changed 6 months down the line.
Thanks given by:
I can build you one if you supply a serviceable unit to work with, however I am a fair distance from you.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2017, 06:42 PM)welshpug Wrote: I can build you one if you supply a serviceable unit to work with, however I am a fair distance from you.

That’s very kind of you but I need to have a beam sent to me so I can swap it over as I use the car daily atm which is why I liked the idea of IM Axle as they allow 30 days or so to swap the beams around and send the old one back to them. I suppose I could always source a second hand one to be sent out for repair.
Thanks given by:
Hi buddy I have a jord rebuilt one I can do for £320 delivered. Has new mounts fitted too.

It's also lowered 30mm but I can set it too standard height if required

Pictures

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(28-11-2017, 06:48 PM)Chris HDI Wrote:
(28-11-2017, 06:42 PM)welshpug Wrote: I can build you one if you supply a serviceable unit to work with, however I am a fair distance from you.

That’s very kind of you but I need to have a beam sent to me so I can swap it over as I use the car daily atm which is why I liked the idea of IM Axle as they allow 30 days or so to swap the beams around and send the old one back to them. I suppose I could always source a second hand one to be sent out for repair.

I can understand that dilemma Chris.  The one 306gtiparts is offering is a good deal.  I think Jord rebuilds beams for folks on 306gti6.com and his work is well rated.
Thanks given by:
Just to add, if you got one from somewhere like IMaxle, you'd still need to swap a load of stuff across to the new beam - rear hubs and probably calliper mounts too (with abs sensors still installed).  You'd ideally need access to a press to rescue the hubs.  The gti6parts beam has hubs fitted which will save a lot of hassle.  It doesn't seem to have abs sensors tho & you'd likely need to get hold of some.  The old ones probably won't come out without breaking.
Thanks given by:
Stef /thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2017, 06:48 PM)Chris HDI Wrote: That’s very kind of you but I need to have a beam sent to me so I can swap it over as I use the car daily atm which is why I liked the idea of IM Axle as they allow 30 days or so to swap the beams around and send the old one back to them. I suppose I could always source a second hand one to be sent out for repair.

I ordered one from IM axles about 10 months ago, and haven't yet been able to fit it, they've not complained, but obviously can't speak for the quality as it's not yet on the vehicle. The only part that came fitted on mine was the stub axles, bearings, brackets etc will need to be reused or sourced and fitted while axle is still on the bench
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2017, 08:13 PM)306gtiparts Wrote: Hi buddy I have a jord rebuilt one I can do for £320 delivered. Has new mounts fitted too.

It's also lowered 30mm but I can set it too standard height if required

Pictures

Ah man!! I hope you’ve still got this after Christmas!! Doubt it but I’ll message you once I’ve been paid at the end of December

(28-11-2017, 09:59 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: Just to add, if you got one from somewhere like IMaxle, you'd still need to swap a load of stuff across to the new beam - rear hubs and probably calliper mounts too (with abs sensors still installed).  You'd ideally need access to a press to rescue the hubs.  The gti6parts beam has hubs fitted which will save a lot of hassle.  It doesn't seem to have abs sensors tho & you'd likely need to get hold of some.  The old ones probably won't come out without breaking.

Aye I’ve heard they’re prone to breaking, thanks for the advice mate

(28-11-2017, 10:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: Stef /thread

I thought he was the man! Cheers
Thanks given by:
I have a couple buddy so send me a message I may well still have one :-)
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2017, 07:25 AM)306gtiparts Wrote: I have a couple buddy so send me a message I may well still have one :-)

Appreciate that mate thanks!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,114 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,354 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,429 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK