2013 Fiesta ST

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Fiesta ST
So I've had this for just over a month now, and am very happy with it. Has all the new tech you'd want on it (push button start, heated leather recaros, sat nav etc) and drives as well as a 306 but much more grunt. Ive wanted one of these for a while now, and after landing my first full time job after university I looked for one, and this was the best one around at the time. Goes pretty well and still does very very good mpg - 35 round the doors and when giving it death, 40 mixed and 45+ mpg on a long run. Standard figures are 200bhp/215lb ft on overboost, in which I have ordered the CP2 I-Flash which takes it to around 220 with more torque (which I cant wait to test out). Very easy to drive fast, but also very easy to drive normally, however these cars do suffer from a really harsh ride, but its well worth it. Looking forward to the next three years with it, as I plan to keep it for 3 years unless something drastically goes wrong.

Cheers,
Matthew.
Thanks given by:
Looks great matt Big Grin 220 with a simple map is great. I do want one but really have no need. I know what you mean about the ride. A friends one litre ecoboost felt like it had no suspension at all!
Thanks given by: MY95
(30-10-2017, 11:38 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Looks great matt Big Grin 220 with a simple map is great. I do want one but really have no need. I know what you mean about the ride. A friends one litre ecoboost felt like it had no suspension at all!

Cheers Sam! With exhaust, intake and cooler 240 is possible on the standard turbo, then hybrid turbo takes it to 300bhp, but its not cheap doing all those things! And 220 should be enough id expect. Yeah they arent cheap in the grand scheme of things, but value for money they are seriously good in every way! Haha yeah even the Zetec S have a fairly harsh ride, but its my toy so I dont mind.
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2017, 12:16 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(30-10-2017, 11:38 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Looks great matt Big Grin 220 with a simple map is great. I do want one but really have no need. I know what you mean about the ride. A friends one litre ecoboost felt like it had no suspension at all!

Cheers Sam! With exhaust, intake and cooler 240 is possible on the standard turbo, then hybrid turbo takes it to 300bhp, but its not cheap doing all those things! And 220 should be enough id expect. Yeah they arent cheap in the grand scheme of things, but value for money they are seriously good in every way! Haha yeah even the Zetec S have a fairly harsh ride, but its my toy so I dont mind.

300 is pretty sick but its still through the front wheels and not too much weight over the front end. Would be a sick track weapon. Theyre all just super expensive atm.
Thanks given by:
This is genuinely a car I want to own. One day. Few years when they are a bit cheaper.
Just love em.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: MY95
(30-10-2017, 02:11 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(30-10-2017, 12:16 PM)MY95 Wrote:

300 is pretty sick but its still through the front wheels and not too much weight over the front end. Would be a sick track weapon. Theyre all just super expensive atm.

Just uploaded the map tonight.... flies! 5.8 to 60 claimed would not surprise me! Still managed 38 mpg too aha, but yeah an LSD even as standard would be helpful so definately needed at 300bhp haha. 3k to get 300 bhp isnt bad really.

(30-10-2017, 04:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: This is genuinely a car I want to own. One day. Few years when they are a bit cheaper.
Just love em.

Its seriously impressive! But not sure I would want one a few years down the line with all the electrics that could go wrong! All those sensors in the engine bay too etc.
Thanks given by:
all the sensors in an engine bay...just like an hdi.... ?!

I prefer to see cars a few years down the line, all the recalls and kinks sorted out!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2017, 09:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: all the sensors in an engine bay...just like an hdi.... ?!

I prefer to see cars a few years down the line, all the recalls and kinks sorted out!

Would just be much more expensive to buy/replace the sensors on the ST than an HDI I'd guess. That is true, however they have depreciated quite a bit already.
Thanks given by:
Tbh... They have had that engine about a bit before the ST came on sale...so I would hope that most issues are sorted and nothing can be as expensive as Audi parts tax
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2017, 12:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: nothing can be as expensive as Audi parts tax

errr, Mercedes? Huh Rofl
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Or BMW. Basically anything German.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I was looking and ummmm and arrinng at one of these for awhile as i found a place which makes the rally kits for them and thought it would be fun to drive round in a wide arch fiesta rally, but in the long run it was to much. Although they seem to make good power for little money hope your enjoying it.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2017, 09:43 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: I was looking and ummmm and arrinng at one of these for awhile as i found a place which makes the rally kits for them and thought it would be fun to drive round in a wide arch fiesta rally, but in the long run it was to much. Although they seem to make good power for little money hope your enjoying it.

Cheers dude. Yeah they are really good VFM! Car is currently CP2'd and slightly pulls on the new Golf GTI's, yet constantly averaging 35-40mpg mixed so i'm pretty happy with it!
Thanks given by:
There was a troop of these at the last trackday I went to. There was a 1.0 Ecoboost with an intercooler the size of France that went very well, no idea what power it was but certainly made some progress.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
there is one on ebay with 280hp. Its mad what 1.6s are doing these days.
Thanks given by:
There are quite a few with over 300bhp now - 3-4k to do it is a bargain when you consider most cars wouldnt keep up with one (obviously LSD included). Theres two 400bhp ones on youtube! I reckon 250bhp would be the sweet spot.

1.0 ecoboosts are poor as they have awfully unreliable gearboxes, and even a hybrid turbo only pushes them to 180bhp vs 300+Bhp in the ST for the same money.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mk6 Fiesta - 1.4 16v LX Toms306 50 8,637 19-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Toms306