Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Water coming in through door
#1
Last year some scumbag broke in to my car, smashing the drivers window. I got a replacement window from a scrappy n successfully installed it. All is well now apart from water gets in to the drivers footwell from the bottom of the door when it really pisses it down. I think it might be because I removed the sticky foam panels from the cutouts on the inner door panel & didn't replace them with anything. I know the door drain hole is definitely clear so can only assume water runs down the inside panel & though the cutouts. Does this sound possible? Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use in place of the foam that's no longer there's? Thanks guys.
#2
This is a super common issue on 306s. You have two choices. A quick trip to peugeot and order the inner door seal. Or a little cut out in the door rubber allows it to drain out and not into the foot well. Ill take a picture of mine for you [Image: f5e9a615467f74b9731f5f68b6f2fe4b.jpg]

Right where that little dimple is. Doesnt have to be as wide as that though. My door seal was a bit ratty anyhow. Hope this helps
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#3
Thanks Bash, that's a handy tip. Will give it a try.
#4
defo, I've the same issue.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#5
The weather sheet is no longer available.

You can get sticky back closed cell foam from ebay to plug the holes and tape a bit of plastic over the back of the door speaker to sort it.
#6
what about Gaffa?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#7
I've tried gaffa tape and it's no good. The glue dries up and turns to powder.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water in the Drivers Door Razorback_Rob 3 2,858 18-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Water in door seal kernow_joe 15 8,268 15-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)