Water in the Drivers Door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water in the Drivers Door
Right, went to fit new speakers (which turned out to be the wrong size after i'd realised i'd been sent a smaller model >.>) to the astor last night, when removing the old speakers i discovered a very small amount of water in the car (just a few drops against the inside of the outer door panel) now i have the feeling this was when me and ozonehostile attempted a carpark repair of the drivers door window where the bung had separated in two and the glass kept falling off the peg attached to the window mechanism. We managed to get it back on all fine, until a test run started to peel away a rubber(?iirc) strip which went from the top to bottom of the regulator and bunched up and nearly burnt out the window motor, and being summer, we removed it as a car park wasn't the best repair spot. My first guess is that may be causing a slight leak, because it's in line with where the speaker was and the only wet can be felt here. The rubbers at the top of the door to wipe windows etc are fine, and i'm taking a guess that should remove the majority of the moisture from the windows.

Real question is, Am i worrying too much (as obviously water/moisture will get inside the doors from winding down wet windows) or do you think i should look at replacing the window mechanism (or if anyone has a nice astor door to save me the complete ball ache of fiddling with inside). Just wanted to get a second opinion because i usually over think these things Rofl
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
It'll get wet inside anyway as you say, as long as the drain holes in the bottom of the door are clear it should be fine!
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 10:41 AM)Toms306 Wrote: It'll get wet inside anyway as you say, as long as the drain holes in the bottom of the door are clear it should be fine!

I'm guessing the door insides are treated with expectation of some water being brought inside. I worry far too much! Aha
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Yep they are, all the grey foam stuff is water proof for exactly that reason.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water coming in through door Mighty306 6 1,791 22-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Drivers door not opening from outside connorp 8 1,115 18-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
Video Drivers door speaker aaron_one 11 1,954 01-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Last Post: aaron_one