Brakes hissing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes hissing
Rainbow 
I've changed the discs, pads, calipers, hand brake cable managed to get everything working fine 306 hdi.

Now there a hissing sound coming from the brake pedal area. You can drive and it will start hissing but when you press the pedal a bit it goes then either comes back or goes random. The pedal goes a bit spungy I have noticed at the back of brake pedal very light fluid damp over the master cylinder seal.

So its all pointing towards a new brake master cylinder?
Thanks given by:
Hissing will indicate the brake servo. Check the pipe leading to it for leaks. If not new servo time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2017, 12:27 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Hissing will indicate the brake servo. Check the pipe leading to it for leaks. If not new servo time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked and found the pipe was not connected fully to the engine top right corner connection it has a clips in place but it wasn't over the clip and just looked on. I'm not sure how long thats been like that as I've not touched that. So I've put that back in the right place to see if that makes any difference.
Thanks given by:
What problems does the one way Vacum valve solenoid cause?

Also how do you test this part?
Thanks given by:
Suck/blow through it and see if the one way valve does its job.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 01:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: Suck/blow through it and see if the one way valve does its job.

Just making sure this is the vacuum pump?

Does this need to be taken of to test or just disconnected pipe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Peugeot-306-C...660/i.html
Thanks given by:
No, i'm talking about the one way valve, because that's what you just asked about... Huh

To test the pump you only need to pop the pipe off. Just set the engine running and see if the pump is producing vacuum, ie put your finger over the end of the port and see if it sticks.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Welsh can i ask how long it took for you to do and some steps you took to do it as im having to do mine if i can find a break booster/servo
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hissing Noise From Break Pedal TommiePuglet 7 2,726 03-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  Hissing from around brake pedal. JJtheHITMAN 4 1,761 31-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: JJtheHITMAN