Citroen zx volcane 3 door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen zx volcane 3 door
For Sale now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2017, 04:56 PM)Sambarker Wrote: For Sale now?

Yeah saw this earlier seems a shame
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2017, 04:56 PM)Sambarker Wrote: For Sale now?

I put it on Gumtree one night when I was bored at work so if some one come with 1500 cash I'd sell it yer but any less than that it stays. Either way I'm not fussed but the money certainly would come in handy with my wife getting on the transplant list this week and us having to stay in Oxford for 2 month it'd be useful for that.

Thanks given by:
Needed something to do to cure my bordem so lowered the rear to match the front lowered around 30mm

Before

After

It's slightly lower on the drivers side even tho they both measured the same when it was in the air. 

I've hopefully sorted out a gt2052 out so should be loads better for low down power, so that will be next on the list fitting that and hopefully plumbing the fmic in.

Thanks given by:
That sits just right now matey. Just right. Looking good.
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2017, 06:29 PM)399road Wrote: That sits just right now matey. Just right. Looking good.

Thanks mate

Thanks given by:
Agreed, she's a beauty.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2017, 07:19 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Agreed,  she's a beauty.

Thanks mate

Not much happened with this I have made a couple of purchases on eBay tho and hopefully going vnt if I can make this gt2256 fit and bought one of the vnt controllers that was in one of my previous posts. Hopefully it works well as its Alot money to spend if it doesn't. 

Thanks given by:
So some updates

Vnt controller come, vnt turbo come I was expecting a gt2256v what come was a gt2052v my balls up tho clearly my research wasn't great. Any how my plan was to clock it weld it to the manifold and get it down the back of the engine...... this didn't go well either...

With the engine off its mount as far forward as possible actuator was hitting the steering column joint. So immediately thrown it in the back of the shed and questioned my self why do I bother nearly 300 quid in that for no reason :Undecided

So fast forward a few days I bought dum dums gt2052s that has a t2 hotside machined to fit the 2052. I've clocked it round slightly, fitted the actuator mounted it to the manifold then fitted the exhaust elbow. It was at this point I relised that the actuator was a vacuum one so had to pull it to bits again attempt to flip the spring, did this sealed it back up fitted it and decided that the spring was to soft so took a t2 actuator to bits (and broke it) used the spring out if that much stiffer and better, all back together used a pump to apply pressure and it's not working  FML! So at this point I gave up for today. 

So thats were I'm at now I'm gonna try another actuator at some point then I'll attempt to get it fitted hopefully going to plumb the fmic in this time to. 

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
vnt - did you clock the hotside? should be able to rotate it so the actuator points in a different direction and clears the UJ
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2017, 05:55 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: vnt - did you clock the hotside? should be able to rotate it so the actuator points in a different direction and clears the UJ

Yer I did I clocked it to the point were the oil lines in and out would be as standard. And that's were the actuator sat after that. If I clock it more the oil lines won't be vertical.

Thanks given by:
Need to get the actuator/boost can/whatever-you-use mounted right underneath the turbo.

The main issue I had with that '56v
Thanks given by:
But then the oil lines wouldn't be right I think the drain would be pointing directly at the block. Unless I'm missing something? Because the core has to twist were ever you go with the actuator meaning as it sat there the oil in and out lined up right but if I moved the actuator to a different positions it'd mean the oil in and out would be In completely the wrong direction.

Thanks given by:
Bet you've not seen a lash like this before (for the record, it was made better after i knew it fitted)

Thanks given by:
(16-08-2017, 10:53 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Bet you've not seen a lash like this before (for the record, it was made better after i knew it fitted)

Ingenious

Thanks given by:
That's pretty epic ha ha so I see what I've got to do now lol well the waste gate 2052 will be going on for now I'll revisit going vnt at a later date (if I keep the car long enough)

Thanks given by:
How did the standalone vnt controller go? did you get a chance to wire it up, or try it out?
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2017, 05:39 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: How did the standalone vnt controller go? did you get a chance to wire it up, or try it out?

Not used it didn't see point of attempting to wire it all up with out a turbo fitted. Just be sat in a box for the foreseeable future now.

Thanks given by:
Gt20 is fitted 

Rebuilt it all with the top mount (hopefully just for a test) 

Been for a test spin and it boosts instantly, so much so it's spiking the boost it spiked to 20psi and drops to 15 psi, not overly impressed with power but it wants more boost and almost certainly needs the fmic as the top mount was red hot after 2 miles but I was giving it a fair bit. Also got an oil cooler and a second silencer for the exhaust so hoping to get them fitted and the fmic plumbed in then get it on the road permantly and take the golf off the road. There the plans at the moment anyway.

Thanks given by:
this dum dums hybrid he made up
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2017, 09:27 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: So fast forward a few days I bought dum dums gt2052s that has a t2 hotside machined to fit the 2052.

(22-08-2017, 02:16 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: this dum dums hybrid he made up

Yer

Thanks given by:
fair enough be interesting to see what it can actually do.
Thanks given by:

Silencer came today, fitted it straight away amazed in the sound difference almost silent now happy on the exhaust noise and nice and free flowing to. Also fitted a chrome tip to make it look better than just cut off pipe.

Thanks given by:
Started to plumb fmic in and fitted xantia inlet.

Beaded my own pipes..... took some doing to say the least! 

Then the next day after finding a load of random pipes in the shed I manged to complete the one side.

So thats were I'm at now waiting on more pipe work to come for the other side. 

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
getting there mate, keep at it Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Finshed intercooler off today insurance swaps over tomorrow so the golf is coming off the road and the zx will be the new daily fingers crossed it holds together well.

Thanks given by:
Well first day on the road got a few issues to sort, I retarded pump so it didn't knock when cold but now it's smoking at idle when warm and seems to be miss firing ever so slightly, so I'm on the look out for some injectors to see if that solves the issue. 

Fuel gauge has died constantly reads empty even tho I brimmed it with veg oil. 

I don't like how low it is at the back looks broken and keeps hitting bump stops so gonna have to lift it up abit. 

And the one thing I didn't expect to go wrong...... a cat run out in front of me, went to slam brakes on pedal went nearly to floor they still worked but wasn't right manged to limp it round. Bleed them all this morning with no joy, so swapped master cylinder lucky I had a 23mm one in shed that I'd not fitted yet and that seems to have fixed them. 

I've turned the boost up now to 25psi it's burning clean pretty much though the rev range so I think it's gonna want more fuel. It goes really well I think but I've got nothing to compare it to. Maybe once I've ironed out the issues and put plenty of miles on it I'll get it on a dyno knowing luck it'll pull 95hp lol 

Any how photo of how broken it looks on the back with all my crap in and a full tank.

Thanks given by:
Brakes have gone again final straw with this now so shout up if any one wants any bits will start braking next week or week after.

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2017, 06:45 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Brakes have gone again final straw with this now so shout up if any one wants any bits will start braking next week or week after.

sell complete?

can't be much wrong with brakes
Thanks given by:
deep breath and go again mate, can't be too hard to sort for a man of your means surely Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,290 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Zx volcane td 5 door Danmoy90 5 3,142 17-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: dt_
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 83,860 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90