'smart fone' options

Poll: Android or iOS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Andriod
66.67%
6 66.67%
IOS
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'smart fone' options
So, Whatsapp has messaged me to say that my Purpleberry is no longer supported, not that I have many W/A contacts on it.
The phone itself is still working well, and I like the keyboard feature + accessable battery & memory card.
The Questions i'm asking myself is; do I change my phone? and Android or IOS?

chat away folks.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Can of worms.....

Personally I like both android and Apple. I suppose if cost was a factor then android would win hands down.
Thanks given by:
Upgrade = pay more
if your happy stay as you are until it breaks

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I've never got on with the iphones, they never seem to be intuiative. Android is better to use.

Just to throw a curve ball, my windows phone was £50 brand new, had a reasonable camera is rather easy to use. The downsides are that alot of apps don't support windows Strava and Snap Chat are the 2 I'd like but Whatsapp is supported and works well.

Currently using a Limua 550 which is a nice size, runs on the rather lovely Windows 10 and has a back that comes off so you can change the memory and battery and previously I had a Lumia 635. I went to the cheap phones because I was having issues breaking expensive ones and now they are almost cheap enough to be a throwawyay I care less about them but they last far longer.
Thanks given by:
Wiley fox swift 2 plus is what I got after my nexus 5. Both amazing phones and would well recommend.
Thanks given by:
I picked up an LG K8 brand new a few weeks back from the o2 shop for £99 for the missus as she broke her beloved Galaxy S6 screen.

Decent spec for a new cheap android/windows phone and seems to support all apps, has that new stylish look to it as if it was worth more money, camera is good quality front and back, battery and memory card removable aswel. The battery seems to last alot longer than the flagship phones out there.

I personally love my good old Galaxy s4 though as it was ahead of it's time and still a brilliant phone, even better now that there cheaper (cheaper repairs compared to newer stuff - s4 screen £54.00 - s6 screen was £187.00!)

[Image: a1ce6f64055659dc182fe349deba77c4.jpg]
[Image: c1b4a3392672e23bd861bee88e0d15f1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2017, 12:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've never got on with the iphones, they never seem to be intuiative. Android is better to use.

Just to throw a curve ball, my windows phone was £50 brand new, had a reasonable camera is rather easy to use. The downsides are that alot of apps don't support windows Strava and Snap Chat are the 2 I'd like but Whatsapp is supported and works well.

Currently using a Limua 550 which is a nice size, runs on the rather lovely Windows 10 and has a back that comes off so you can change the memory and battery and previously I had a Lumia 635. I went to the cheap phones because I was having issues breaking expensive ones and now they are almost cheap enough to be a throwawyay I care less about them but they last far longer.

my Lumia 630 is starting to annoy me now because of lack of app support since windows 10, is that 550 similar spec then Chris but windows 10? . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I do have experience of iPhone (4 & now 5) for work. -custom built apps.
but find that I have to work with a B/T keyboard.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2017, 06:52 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(28-01-2017, 12:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've never got on with the iphones, they never seem to be intuiative. Android is better to use.

my Lumia 630 is starting to annoy me now because of lack of app support since windows 10, is that 550 similar spec then Chris but windows 10? . . . Smile

The 635 was just a 630 with 4G the 550 is essentially the newer version of both, it has a second camera and it just a little more up to date. The thing is isn't not windows fault, it's app manufactures that won't support it as it only has about a 1% market share.
Thanks given by:
thanks fellas
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
If price isn't an option and you just want your phone to work get an apple. Doesn't have to be a 7, the 6 or 6s are still excellent phones.

If you want cheap then android, my personal pick of the android stuff is Samsung or LG
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
if youre going to go for android look at the wiley fox and the One plus phones!
Thanks given by:
Depends what you want. If you want something that you don't want to fiddle with but does all the jobs with good hardware, iPhone. If you're the sort that likes to mess about or doesn't like the layout of Apple hardware (even though most follow the same sort of format) then android. Issue with iPhone is there's no cheap one unless you go second hand. You can pick up cheap android phones although obviously they will be limited on performance and spec.
Think you need to have a think about what you want from your phone.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheap Android phones are still decent, around £100 there are some pretty ace phones to be had.
Thanks given by:
I've had iPhones from the get-go and each upgrade time I try to move away but end up back with one. Upgraded to an S7 Edge a couple of months ago and took it back within the 14 day period and swapped it for an iPhone 7 as I just can't stand Android, everything seems so much more laggy and the battery life is never as good as the iPhone.

I also had an S5 as a works phone a year ago and it needed to be plugged in every time I was in the van as it would just rinse the battery although it was constantly running the appointment app so I have to give it a bit of slack for that.

I just prefer iPhones personally.
Thanks given by:
that's quite funny, as everyone I know with Iphones moan about battery life and crashing.

I love Android, does everything I want it to with no faffing, and doesn't cost half a months wages.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2017, 11:16 AM)welshpug Wrote: that's quite funny, as everyone I know with Iphones moan about battery life and crashing.

I love Android, does everything I want it to with no faffing, and doesn't cost half a months wages.

With the millions of them out there, there will naturally be people with issues with both!

I've had no issues with any of the iPhones I've had, tried the Android phone because people rave about them but with enough time to form my own judgement I decided to go back to what I know as it was quite frankly naff, don't change what isn't broken hey!

Glad you like the 'droid though Smile
Thanks given by:
ok. so, I've had an i4, and now work have replaced it with an i5.
using the dedicated work apps that were created, I too have to top up the charge each time I get back in my van. (about 3-4 times/day).
My BB is a 8xxx series, good for calls & texts, rubbish for surfing. (the odd look-up). Battery life seems good too.
my fave was my 3310, until everyone went sms/mms mad.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Will say I'm in a similar boat to JJ. Always been an iPhone mane and had faulty ones in the past. Also tried Adroid and that was faulty. Personally I didn't like android but the major thing for me was the service when things went wrong. Apple just replaced the phone there and then, no questions asked. HTC/EE I had to threaten to get FSO involved before they finally decided to replace the phone.
I've now got a iPhone 7 and can't fault it. Battery life is great and it does nearly all things I ask of it instantly.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2017, 02:08 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: ok. so, I've had an i4, and now work have replaced it with an i5.
using the dedicated work apps that were created, I too have to top up the charge each time I get back in my van. (about 3-4 times/day).
My BB is a 8xxx series, good for calls & texts, rubbish for surfing. (the odd look-up). Battery life seems good too.
my fave was my 3310, until everyone went sms/mms mad.

My step dad still has a 3310, I bought it from Woolworths the week they were released and gave it to him when I got a 3410.

That was in 1974 and I don't think it's ever been charged. True story,
Thanks given by:
I love my Sonys, good cameras and long life (including batteries), plus they're nigh-on indestructible which is a massive selling point for me personally.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Latest apple software has started to piss me off - I have had iphone 5, and iphone 6, but am considering another Android.

Only reason I stick with Apple now is because my folks and family all use it, and being abroad facetime/facetime audio makes keeping in touch incredible easy, in the sense that they are not the best with software and skype/other alternatives, but facetime is already heavily built into their products.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent Low Budget Smart Phone? Toms306 120 21,138 03-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Smart HDTV Advice silverzx 20 4,072 22-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Smart Phone Advice? C.A.R. 17 3,224 19-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy