clutch 'problem'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch 'problem'
Hey all,

the other day I decided to apply a bit of spray grease to the clutch cable attachment point at the pedal, and the inner cable at the clutch end. Once I had faffed about doing that, I jumped in the car to drive off and found that with the engine on, when you operate the clutch there is a strange feeling in the pedal. I can only describe it as if you were feeling a lever moving down the outside of a spring (if that makes any sense) a sort of very slight stepping. Prior to my (now regretted) lubrication, the clutch operation was smooth. With the engine off it's still pretty smooth, though this feeling of stepping is there a tiny bit.

I am assuming that the lubrication part is co-incedence, as I just can't see a connection at all.  However, any ideas what it can be?  I have had pedal vibration before, which was the cable touching the back of the turbo, which I sorted out, and I have checked  - it's not touching anything - the feeling is different anyway.

Release bearing?  No associated noises, other than the slight creakiness it's always had if you press the pedal slowly when the car is warm.
Thanks given by:
Does the clutch make noises when you press/release the pedal?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch problem MarkTD 15 5,611 22-04-2018, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Dave
  clutch gearbox problem help!!! jonny1.6 35 5,084 05-10-2012, 05:06 PM