clutch gearbox problem help!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch gearbox problem help!!!
so engine in and going sweet,although ive a problem when i put the clutch in and try to find a gear it wont find a gear although still trys to go forward even if you go for reverse with the clutch still on the floor it trys to go forward any one have a clue what ive done wrong? cheers jonny
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
checked linkages are straight and clipped on properly?
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
yea seem to be ok mate was firist thing i checked might just check them again here now
Thanks given by:
is the clutch fork in properly then?and cable giving you enough movement at fork end?
Thanks given by:
i presume it is how would you know if its not in properly?
Thanks given by:
when you put the box back on did you have the fork slide behind the clutch bearing or sit ontop of it?

I remember doing mine and it was a pain in the butt lining up the fork to just slide behind the pull bit when putting it back on. Thinking about it i'm not even sure if it goes on sitting on top if it.....
Thanks given by:
near sure its behind it the clutch goes down and comes up fine it just when you go for a gear it doesnt select 1 and just trys to creep forward when you try to select any gear including reverse
Thanks given by:
this happens when the clutch plate isnt being released off of the flywheel 100%, most likely the thrust bearing isnt clipped to the clutch folk properly if at all.
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
what does the thrust bearing look like or how do you go about clipping it on?, so its a box off again job then?
Thanks given by:
the thrust bearing is the black circle ish thing with the bearing in it. im afraid if it isnt on correctly the box will have to come partly off so you can fiddle the bearing back into place.
Thanks given by:
the black bit on the clutch itself? might watch darrens video here see if i can see whats what thamks for the help men
Thanks given by:
the assembly from fly wheel is,
clutch plate (looks like a black brake disc with groves in)
pressure plate (goes over the clutch plate and bolts to the flywheel)
thrust bearing
clutch fork

thinking about it, your problem could also be the clutch isnt lined up properly! if its a mm out it wont work so worth checking everything is in line Smile
Thanks given by:
ye the black bit in the middle is the bearing. pic below

[Image: Photo0555-1.jpg]
[Image: Photo0556.jpg]

the fork has to sit behind it in the grooves. hope this helps. all you need to do it pull the gearbox back abit on the splines so you can get your hand down to line it up.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
should be lined up fine mate was already on the engine i just had to put the box on

cheers for the pics karl think i no were ive went wrong now shall get at it tomorrow
raging this had to happen i miss my boost Sad
Thanks given by:
did you put the fork at the front?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
no it should be behind but does it not have to sit in the cruves on the left handside of the bearing in your pic? if so i think it may be on the wrong way
Thanks given by:
ye it has to sit behind the curves. pull the box back and line it up the just twist the fork and look in the gap to see the fork line up Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
ah well then near sure thats what ive done wrong then i shall report back when i take a look 2morrow thanks for all your replys men
Thanks given by:
that's what i was saying lol
Thanks given by:
was thinking thats what you meant but was sure as im pritty shit at explaining stuff like this on the net thanks for the help have some rep Smile
Thanks given by:
still no joy the fork is deffo behind the bearing so what else could it be it will go into gear fine when the car is off but not when the car is on if that helps dignose anything really am baffeled by this
Thanks given by:
clutch cable? try either stamping on it a few times with the not running, and then if that doesnt change, try pushing it all the way to the floor, then slide your foot off it to let it spring back it.
that will reset the self adujster mechinism
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
shall try that now sam and see if it works

nope still nothing although it has started going into reverse but just sits and grinds in it and also still trying to go forward in every gear when the clutch is on the ground
Thanks given by:
Thanks for rep! Sounds like bent linkages. When I get in will put the link to a purchase I'm making on eBay next week Wink
Thanks given by:
no bother dude i hoinsetly havnt got a notion what it could be the linkages all seem to be fine though although i am just after breaking 1 opppps so could be a good excuse to change all of them now

also do you guys think that the problem is outside the box then eg linkages clutch cable something like that rather than the thrust bearing etc?

any ongoing help greatly appreciated as i cant afford to be paying some1 to have a look at it
Thanks given by:
May seem like a daft question... But... Is there oil in the box? Also, if playing with the pedal helped a bit, I'd try it a few more times, bless you did it loads anyway
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
if it isnt the bearing 100% youll have to trial and error everything else i reckon! unless you can obviously see something isnt right...
Thanks given by:
yes there is oil in the box lol it did only help a tad but have done it loads and nothing so doupt that the problem
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221124556969?s...253wt_1271

link for linkages lol
Thanks given by:
cheers bud would love to know weather thats my problem though before i go ordering them do look good though
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch problem MarkTD 15 5,626 22-04-2018, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Dave
  clutch 'problem' carlukepeugeot 1 1,255 26-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: ADV_93
  Clutch and/or Gearbox change 205 XUD silverzx 8 5,123 16-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Last Post: silverzx