Flat Seat, Tapered or Both?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Seat, Tapered or Both?
Evening all!

I've got a set of pug wheels for my HDi, but I'm having some issues with fitting.

I have a f*ck-ton of bolts, of varying lengths and styles, and some taper-to-flat-seat washers, however these are too big for the bolt holes and as such would need machining down (or I'll have to buy a set of extended, flat seat bolts)

This is fine, and I can sort that, but while I was test-fitting the wheels, I noticed that the bolt holes aren't parallel, they clearly have some degree of taper in them. Now, is this just a lead-in, or will they take tapered bolts, potentially? They have got a flat surface around the bolt holes, so they will certainly work with flat-seat bolts, but it'd make my life easier if they'd go in with tapers.

So any ideas? For example, does anyone know if there is any taper in cyclone (or any other peugeot wheels) bolt holes, or if they are completely parallel.

Cheers 'en
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Which wheels are they??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think speedlines have a slight taper in tbe
them
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But they only take flat-seat bolts, yeah?
Thanks given by:
clones only take flat seat bolts
newer clones are counterbored to take the larger sholdered bolts that are duel purpose for the steel spare which uses the taper shulder to fix them
Thanks given by:
But the holes are parallel without a lead-in?
Thanks given by:
take a picture lets have a look Wink
Thanks given by:
I tried, you can't see shite from the pictures really, it's just a hole Tongue

They're 405 Mi16 alloys, SMR jobbies. I'd like to have them on for FCS, but not going to pay over the odds to do so!
Thanks given by:
My flat seated airaines have tapered nuts in whistle
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Orly?!
Thanks given by:
Ya rly, only been 3/4 years in my ownership. Never had a problem. I will however be getting some adaptor washers when I put my new ones on
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmmmmmmm.....very tempted to just try it out. Only problem I have is that I'll have to swap my current tyres over, so it's an all or nothing deal.
Thanks given by:
Flat seat bolts is all you need, f*ck bodging it with the wrong bolts, thats suicide.
Thanks given by:
I run the those wheels, as welshpug says flat seat bolts
Thanks given by:
Balls, never mind then.
Thanks given by:
Do you need a set of tapered matey?

Might be able to source a set for you ...
Thanks given by:
Nah the problem is I have a shed load of tapered bolts, and a full set of taper-to-cyclone converter washers but they don't fit in the bolt holes of these. I have access to a lather when I get back to Birmingham, but was hoping to get them fitted while I was in Cornwall, as then I don't have to drag two sets of wheels back to brum.

So essentially, I either need a full set of extended flat seated bolts (which are $ra*e.99 on eBay) or some different conversion washers.
Thanks given by:
When I said tapered, I actually meant flat seated :p

I'll have a dig around today anyway
Thanks given by:
Haha, okay, well I'm running 15mm spacers at the moment, so if you have anything to suit that'd be awesome! If I do come grab 'em I can lend you a hand for a bit if you do decide to rebuild your engine Tongue
Thanks given by:
kez have you a 1 std steel rim tapered bolt if so chuck it in the car for FCS Ive lost one Big Grinoh!
trade you Wink
Thanks given by:
Urm, send me a photo? I've got a really crazy collection of odd bolts Tongue how long is the threaded part?
Thanks given by: