Turbo. Advice needed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo. Advice needed!
I've been reading everything I can find to make a decision on this, but need a bit of help now!

I've decided (99%) on a GT2052, and one has been offered to me for a bargain price, and it's only done 100 miles!!

What do people suggest, is this the right turbo or am I being stupid?

(BTW, I'd like it to be happy at 200 bhp)

Cheers
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
That'd be a great turbo, any number of other things will be a problem before that is on your mish to reach 200.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
A 2052S will be close on it's limit at 200hp, people usually say they're good for 200-210hp, so your mileage may vary.

However, it's a great turbo as far as response goes.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Is there a difference between the 2052 and the 2052s?

Or would you recommend someting different?

The reason I'm looking at the 2052 is that I want the response and low end power, I want to keep it as "driveable" as possible, not needing to be at the top of it's rev band to get on boost, and therefore hopefully keeping peak power as low in the revs as is possible (hopefully around the 3500-4000 mark).

Thanks given by:
2052S is generally a "Wastegate" turbo...

2052 is simply a frame... Usually just put because the S hasn't been put on the end, if it's a wastegate turbo, it's an S...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
You will probably need a new fuel pump and sensor to get that power, but that should be about it Big Grin

Good to see someone just going with a nicely matched wastegated turbo for ~ 190-200bhp on the HDi.

I bet it'll be a lovely car to drive still, but have a serious bit of top-end poke!

An Estate too!

Dave
Thanks given by:
Right, I'll get it then!

Dave, I'll want to speak to you soon (read after FCS) re. mapping, and fuel pump.

I already have an 1800 bar rail sensor fitted, so no problem there Smile

Thanks given by:
I'll do all I can to help out.

I've been hoping someone would do a well matched upgraded turbo/pump set up, since it's what I would do myself on this engine for that kind of power output, so I'm really interested how it turns out and want to make sure it goes well and proves that it works well Big Grin

As said, 200bhp is probably right on the limits of the injectors, but Pete is looking into newer tips/injector body spec so they would be a great upgrade in the future for you when the spec is revealed...
I'd be wanting longer gearing and a limited slip diff before more power though haha!

Dave
Thanks given by:
Thanks very much!

I'll get the turbo sitting here and then after FCS, I can get on with fitting it, new clutch, fuel pump etc...

Cheers!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 HDI not starting, advice needed, fuel? sam-b 2 994 12-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: sam-b
Smile Advice and Input Needed :) JamesG 4 1,745 20-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Poodle