306 HDI not starting, advice needed, fuel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI not starting, advice needed, fuel?
Hi, this is my first post on the forum and I've just got myself a 306 HDI 2.0 turbo diesel, a 2000 model and having a problem.

The car would start really well until yesterday when I turned the car offand it wouldn't start again, the engine is turning over but not firing and I can hear the fuel pump. I took the pipe off the fuel filter housing blew down the pipe reconnected and the car fired. Now I've come to the car today and it's doing the same not firing, tried the pipe again even left the inlet pipe to the fuel housing off and turned the engine over and fuel was flowing through so the housings getting fuel so I don't think it's the pump, anyone any ideas and advise, cheers
Thanks given by:
There's been a lot of recent threads with similar issues, have a look through those and the one in my sig. At the very least it'll tell you what you need to look for to give us more useful information so we can be more help with the diagnosis. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks just had a read, very helpful. All though I have come to the car today and it's started fine first time and it's started several times after that.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Advice and Input Needed :) JamesG 4 1,747 20-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Turbo. Advice needed! Jonny81191 9 2,781 16-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191