no reverse light

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no reverse light
had a good search and cant find anything about this but i have no reverse light, the reverse light switch on the gearbox works as i tested it with multimeter but its not getting any power to the terminals at the back of the car. anyone got any ideas what/where the problem might be, thanks. and just to add.... all the fuses are fine
Thanks given by:
hows the condition of the rear board where the bulbs plug into mine was rusted in and hence y wouldnt work. you dont need one for legality but helps stop people driving into you when reversing
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i checked with the multimeter ant its not getting any power to the rear of the car at all not even at the plug
Thanks given by:
:S not too sure i know mine had a dull side which was due to a bad earth i wonder if this could be why your not getting anypower at all, im not a genius with electrics im sure you will get the reply you want in no time on here though sorry couldnt help anymore
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thanks for your help, if anyone knows where the relevant earth is, to check, that would be great.
Thanks given by:
Brakelights ok? Mine keeps popping fuse 5 which is for reverse lights and brake light switch. Its a 25a fuse 5 from the left on the bottom row under the dash
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
yeah all fuses are fine I've checked and double checked. brake lights work, becoming a bit of a mystery!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speedo and reverse lights! Help! Mac22 8 2,540 15-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Mac22
  reverse lights pug306driver 0 750 02-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  selecting reverse lights up drivers indicators :/ zx_volcane 9 2,222 01-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Toms306