306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: no reverse light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
had a good search and cant find anything about this but i have no reverse light, the reverse light switch on the gearbox works as i tested it with multimeter but its not getting any power to the terminals at the back of the car. anyone got any ideas what/where the problem might be, thanks. and just to add.... all the fuses are fine
hows the condition of the rear board where the bulbs plug into mine was rusted in and hence y wouldnt work. you dont need one for legality but helps stop people driving into you when reversing
i checked with the multimeter ant its not getting any power to the rear of the car at all not even at the plug
:S not too sure i know mine had a dull side which was due to a bad earth i wonder if this could be why your not getting anypower at all, im not a genius with electrics im sure you will get the reply you want in no time on here though sorry couldnt help anymore
thanks for your help, if anyone knows where the relevant earth is, to check, that would be great.
Brakelights ok? Mine keeps popping fuse 5 which is for reverse lights and brake light switch. Its a 25a fuse 5 from the left on the bottom row under the dash
yeah all fuses are fine I've checked and double checked. brake lights work, becoming a bit of a mystery!