Black mask headlights new

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black mask headlights new
Got some black mask headlights about 2 months ago still new in boxes never fitted, changed my mind so now for sale.
They were these ones in the link below, I'll take £70 collected I'm located in Coventry west mids.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291059506177?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks given by:
Cheap that.

Jamies car too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Now on eBay £60
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V..._500wt_923
Thanks given by:
Haha Jamie's car in the ad again!
Thanks given by:
Are they German-spec lights? If so they'll be pointing into oncoming traffic's eyes...
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Good question, how can I tell.
Thanks given by:
fIND OUT if they are being sold for german or european cars by asking them..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
if there uk spec ill take them! i need a mint set as mine arnt
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2016, 08:12 AM)Leemus Wrote: if there uk spec ill take them! i need a mint set as mine arnt

Ok I'll find out, I'll message the seller.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2016, 08:56 AM)custom-decals2012 Wrote:
(29-09-2016, 08:12 AM)Leemus Wrote: if there uk spec ill take them! i need a mint set as mine arnt

Ok I'll find out, I'll message the seller.
Ermm....I bought these off German seller on eBay too having seen them posted on here last year....
.. And have recently asked...... Will have to try and punt to some European 6 owner.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Yep your all correct there left hand drive, wish I noticed sooner feel like a utter plank and waste of money.

Must remind myself to ask more questions before buying I just presumed and never really thought about it.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2016, 01:02 PM)custom-decals2012 Wrote: Yep your all correct there left hand drive, wish I noticed sooner feel like a utter plank and waste of money.

Must remind myself to ask more questions before buying I just presumed and never really thought about it.
If it's any consolation.... I did exactly the same!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Glad I'm not the only one, oh well just another lesson learnt.
Thanks given by:
You can continue to use them if you purchase beam deflectors which have been designed for continental cars to drive in the UK, but I imagine beam deflector stickers would probably ruin the aesthetic you've bought them for.

Alternatively, you could use the innards of your lights (reflectors etc), and the black mask bit and the clear plastic lense of the German ones and then at least for your money (and some effort dismantling two sets of lights), you'd have black masks with brand new, clear plastic lenses that weren't scratched, and professionally painted black bits, which I suppose was the overall goal of buying them anyway, although this would involve a fair bit of effort.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2016, 05:58 PM)RetroPug Wrote: You can continue to use them if you purchase beam deflectors which have been designed for continental cars to drive in the UK, but I imagine beam deflector stickers would probably ruin the aesthetic you've bought them for.

Alternatively, you could use the innards of your lights (reflectors etc), and the black mask bit and the clear plastic lense of the German ones and then at least for your money (and some effort dismantling two sets of lights), you'd have black masks with brand new, clear plastic lenses that weren't scratched, and professionally painted black bits, which I suppose was the overall goal of buying them anyway, although this would involve a fair bit of effort.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
That's what I'm going to do. I have the bits to build my own black masks but as you say the lenses have seen better days. So using these lenses makes sense.

Thing is my new oven isn't big enough!! So means doing them elsewhere which isn't as straight forward.

The alternative is to send them to General Lee if he's still doing them!!
Thanks given by:
You could buy a heat gun, they're not expensive at all. They also have other uses.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase1 black mask Carello headlights Redordead89 7 2,811 20-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Redordead89
  Valeo Black Masked Headlights calibra306 0 1,417 12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Last Post: calibra306
  Black mask bits, HID's, stuff cwspellowe 18 5,025 28-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: rocker8742