Rattly knock!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rattly knock!!
Hey guys,

As some may know I've been replacing parts on the front of the cabby.

The issue I have is I have a rattly knock coming from the front end. It only happens if the suspension is allowed to momentarily extend before being compressed again, or going over small dips (like where they cut the road to get to pipes and the Tarmac has dropped an inch or two)

So far I have replaced both

Lower wish bones
Drop links
Top mounts and bearings
Inspected bottom ball joints 
Inspected roll bar bushes ( have replacements so will replace them too)

It does not effect handling at all, but since changing drop links and top mounts the sound has changed from a loose rattly to a more solid sounding rattle if that makes sense..

What could it be as this is doing my nut in, 

Thanks
Tony
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Need to take one of us out in it, trying to diagnose noises over the internet is a bit of a pain.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've had the same issue changed the front shock and the noise went! On closer inspection the o/s damper had play in the body! I'm not saying it's gospal but you've changed everything else! I made the same mistake!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Dale, i will see what changing the Anti Roll bar bushes do for the knock, if no improvment, then they will be added to the list Smile

thanks.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
No problem I've got the same noise with the estate so shocks are already on the list lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTi6 Knock Toms306 12 3,385 21-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Knock Knock..... nick000 12 3,544 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Last Post: nick000
  Knock knock SupaStar88 6 1,651 13-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Last Post: SupaStar88