Pokemon Go Chat Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Go Chat Thread
Firstly, this isn't a page for spam and "oh get a life chat" so if admin could delete such posts, that'd be great.

I know a fair few are playing and wondering how you're getting on.

I've found the servers aren't crashing as much now and i'm starting to actually get somewhere which is nice!

So far, i'm level 6. Team Valor, 29 pokemon, highest is cp233 Raticate.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
this seams to have taken off bigtime very quick

i did look at installing it but apparently my phone is not compatible

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
level 8! team valor. 35 caught, pidgeot is my highest!!
Thanks given by:
I'm whichever the yellow team is.

I'm level 5 I think and best so far is a Vaporeon at around CP170. Got a Pidgeotto too.

Haven't played it as much as I'd like and with my job I get about a bit so could come across something good.
Thanks given by:
Level 11. Got a 652 pidgeot. Team instinct. 33 caught

Living in the country side is ballache. The nearest stop is only 400m away but there is no signal to actually claim anything. There are no wild Pokemon here. I either walk around Warwick with colleagues after work or I drive into town like I did tonight and spend a few hours walking around. I have to close the app incredibly often as it hangs all the time.
Thanks given by:
Anyone got any tips for gym battles? Is it just about mashing the screen as quickly as possible?

I saw a thing saying the border goes yellow just before an attack, but my local gym doesnt do that!
Thanks given by:
Yeh because everything is done on the server side not locally on the phone anything responsive is just a ballache.

So... Mash the screen and watch your blue bar on the top left. When full long hold on the enemy and then release and you will do your second big attack... then mash to recharge.

Yellow stuff apparently appears when you can avoid by going left or right but I've yet to make it happen.
Thanks given by:
I havnt even got to gym battles yet; havnt got anything high enough, and there's a CP1000 gyurados that owns all the gyms round here :cry:
Thanks given by:
There is a p**n parody of it called Strokemon now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmAmbS8cWS0

I won't link to the full video on Wood Rocket and get the OC listed as a p**n site again though but google is your friend.
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2016, 09:05 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I havnt even got to gym battles yet; havnt got anything high enough, and there's a CP1000 gyurados that owns all the gyms round here :cry:

top tip. when you catch llots of pokemon like pidgey, take the highest cp one, max out the cp, THEN ENVOLVE IT. the cp is multiplied. if you evolve and then cp up it will use way more dust and candy.

and keep loads of pidgeys and rattatas and then evolve them. you get 500xp each evolution but wait until you have  alucky egg, activate the lucky egg and it will double all xp. so if you can evolve like 12 rattats and 12 pidgeys at the same time as the lucky egg you can go up like 6 levels at once. 

did all of that last night! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Server down!!

Cant get on! Annoying! Some would argue the walk i've just done is its own reward, but I have no more room for eggs!!
Thanks given by:
True story! Servers down. Walking for no reason now!
Thanks given by:
Final got this,now the servers down Sad
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Works fine for me.
Thanks given by:
Yep, all working fine here! Level 8 now!
Thanks given by: Eeyore
Hoping to go walk around Warwick tomorrow night and take down a few gyms
Thanks given by:
pointless game in the stix here with no data connection unless you can play offline somehow?

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
(17-07-2016, 11:35 AM)cully Wrote: pointless game in the stix here with no data connection unless you can play offline somehow?

nope no offline :/ Its all done server side to stop cheating. I just about get data here but there are actually no pokestops, gyms or even pokemon here. You need to be in a town or city to really play the game which is unfortunate :/ Doesnt really make sense how there are no pokemon in the wild. Hopefully they will update it.
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2016, 01:43 PM)Eeyore Wrote: nope no offline :/ Its all done server side to stop cheating. I just about get data here but there are actually no pokestops, gyms or even pokemon here. You need to be in a town or city to really play the game which is unfortunate :/ Doesnt really make sense how there are no pokemon in the wild. Hopefully they will update it.

They Don't want kids wandering off into the wilderness looking for them! Then getting lost/killed.

Imagine the PR
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2016, 01:50 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote:
(17-07-2016, 01:43 PM)Eeyore Wrote: nope no offline :/ Its all done server side to stop cheating. I just about get data here but there are actually no pokestops, gyms or even pokemon here. You need to be in a town or city to really play the game which is unfortunate :/ Doesnt really make sense how there are no pokemon in the wild. Hopefully they will update it.

They Don't want kids wandering off into the wilderness looking for them! Then getting lost/killed.

Imagine the PR

i dont think thats the reason. All the pokestops and such are based on points of interest from a previous game where you had to photo landmarks. there are typically more points of interest in the city but also more people in the city to photo them. The spawners are located around pokestops and thus there are limited pokestops and no pokemon in the country side :/
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2016, 01:50 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote:

Imagine the PR

HA HA but its ok for them to wander onto and across busy roads Confused

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
pretty much! you cant fix stupid.
Thanks given by:
How long before shops and other places starting offering money to get pokestops and gyms I wonder!

Can you imagine how many would choose a specific asda if their kids knew there were 5 pokestops and a gym in there.

Money to be made :p
Thanks given by:
It actually requires very very little data
Thanks given by:
I hate to say it, but I've kinda been considering giving this a go. More for the "getting out and about" aspect than the fact it's pokemon tbh though.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
shops already put lures on the pokestops near them to get people to come to the store. A costa in our town has a pokestop pretty much in it and its always got a lure on!
Thanks given by:
Me and the missus are both on it and the yard our horses are at is a pokestop Smile we're there most nights of the week for the horses and its always quiet so would be a waste if i didn't use it Smile haha, also with my work area being liverpool to cumbria i get about for a good variety Smile
Thanks given by:
Servers been down here for quite a while now
Thanks given by:
Same for me when I tried earlier.
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of it but being in the sticks is a real pain Sad There's no way I'm going to be able to compete with the people that live in towns unless I constantly keep driving to my nearest pokestop which is at least 3 miles away! Too much hassle atm unfortunately :/ Great idea for a game though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biker chat Strikeforce 20 5,140 28-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  The Random Chat/Insomnia/Procrastination Thread WiNgNuTz 1,781 638,372 17-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Formula One Chat Ben Jay 24 5,785 07-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Pompey306mark