Stalls when coming down from revs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stalls when coming down from revs
I've got the fueling up quite high and the revs adjusted to match

But for some reason when it's revved hardish it'll cough and stall when it comes back to idle

Its an 11mm pump btw

Any one any idea?
Thanks given by:
Fuel filter a new 'un?
Running any veg?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Fuel filter is new and yes pretty much neat ve, might of answered my own question there
Thanks given by:
I always run 10% petrol with my veg, even in summer. Thins it down and burns better IMO.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Neat veg is very viscous when its cold, the GOV in the VE is of a centrifugal type, its just simply that it cant move fast enough to compensate for the dropping rpms in the thick fuel....so it dies before it gets chance to add IQ.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys
Thanks given by:
tighten your anti-stall on the back of your pump - I had this issue but can be solved with this. Drop the overall fueling slightly and add it elsewhere like LDA etc
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I need to turn the fuel screw up more, it's boosting clear at the moment. Seems to be getting plenty of air to it

The pump I'd say is probably 1 turn from max

The lda has got a proper harsh grind on it so can't add any more apart from grinding the inside of the head
Thanks given by:
What bigger/better delivery valves could I fit?

It's an 11mm pump btw
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2016, 11:15 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: What bigger/better delivery valves could I fit?

It's an 11mm pump btw

i don't think delivery valves make a diff tbh

although terrano II valves are slightly less of a restriction - if they are a restriction at all that is.
Thanks given by:
OK, I remember reading about them in another thread and someone did mention they were a bolt on upgrade for a 9mm pump. I think I know of a few
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2016, 11:52 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 11:15 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: What bigger/better delivery  valves  could I fit?

It's an 11mm pump btw

i don't think delivery valves make a diff tbh

although terrano II valves are slightly less of a restriction - if they are a restriction at all that is.

Delivery valves made a huuge difference to me, the stock ones have a super pissy channel down the side, where as 11mm transit / DI / custom ground ThumbsUp ones that have more meat taken out the edge flow much better.

Grinder + stock valves, shave them back but leave the sealing surface on the front. Will try dig pics.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help my xud stalls after start up. Spoonaltap 15 2,582 20-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  Revs on hdi gearbox loobie_lu 8 1,559 12-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Last Post: kee616
  stutter problem at high revs holding back sparkyboi001 17 5,020 16-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Tom