Painting calipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting calipers
Hi,

What products have you used to paint your calipers?

I used hammerite the first time around and it did a really good job. The next time I used some caliper paint in an aerosol but that wasn't so good as it been chipped where the tire fitters had knocked the wheel in to them.

I need to do them on the GTI and I was wondering what to use and if you guys could recommend me something that you've had good results with?
Thanks given by:
Hammerite
Thanks given by:
paint. never had a problem with it not being vht.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Another vote here for hammerite
Thanks given by:
+1 on hammerite
Thanks given by:
Hammerite it is then Smile
Thanks given by:
Not sure if it's been suggested but Hammerite... Tongue

It doesn't take well to being hit with a rim though, I don't think any paint is? I'm always careful not to let the rim touch when fitting wheels.
Thanks given by:
Hammerite...

If you didnt see, I set my brakes practically on fire at combe...the wheel paint did not fair well... Hammerite on calipers is fine lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The caliper paint that halfords sell has lasted alright on two 306s I have used it on. It doesn't dry very hard though until it has been exposed to temperature which seems to bake it on. It has a glossy finish so brake dust can be wiped off, and a small tin is more than enough for a car, if not 2 or 3.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: