306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Painting calipers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

What products have you used to paint your calipers?

I used hammerite the first time around and it did a really good job. The next time I used some caliper paint in an aerosol but that wasn't so good as it been chipped where the tire fitters had knocked the wheel in to them.

I need to do them on the GTI and I was wondering what to use and if you guys could recommend me something that you've had good results with?
Hammerite
paint. never had a problem with it not being vht.
Another vote here for hammerite
+1 on hammerite
Hammerite it is then Smile
Not sure if it's been suggested but Hammerite... Tongue

It doesn't take well to being hit with a rim though, I don't think any paint is? I'm always careful not to let the rim touch when fitting wheels.
Hammerite...

If you didnt see, I set my brakes practically on fire at combe...the wheel paint did not fair well... Hammerite on calipers is fine lol
The caliper paint that halfords sell has lasted alright on two 306s I have used it on. It doesn't dry very hard though until it has been exposed to temperature which seems to bake it on. It has a glossy finish so brake dust can be wiped off, and a small tin is more than enough for a car, if not 2 or 3.