D turbo brakes converted hdi brakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D turbo brakes converted hdi brakes
Thumbs Down 
Has any one done the conversation?
Is it better to put hdi discs and callipera on the front of my d turbo or gti calipers and discs?
Thanks given by:
Just preference...
Slightly better brakes which are cheaper
Even better brakes which are a bit more expensive and need minimum 15" wheels
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
GTI brakes are bigger that HDI Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Gti 6 it is then Smile
Cheers
Thanks given by:
I used Peugeot 307 2.0 HDi 282mm calipers & discs to upgrade my HDi. Made a huge difference to braking when above 50mph!

307 - Calipers and Pads are cheaper. Discs cost more.
GTI6 - Discs are cheaper, pads are more expensive. Has a slightly larger piston size so may be more force there.
Thanks given by:
I've done the conversion to 266mm HDi brakes and callipers, it's relatively simple but a quick tip make sure you can loosen off the brake bleed screws of your donor callipers before you buy- nothing more annoying than a snapping one later at home. I'd also get the master cylinder out of the same car. GTi-6 brakes seem to be the ones everyone wants but I've found HDi ones perfectly adequate for my needs they're also cheaper and more plentiful to source.
Thanks given by:
The master cylinder for the hdi is only Marginally smaller and much more common
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 09:33 PM)toseland Wrote: The master cylinder for the hdi is only Marginally smaller and much more common

Didn't some hdis have the same master as the gti6?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Everything had the 23mm MC from mid X reg afaik, same time everything got 266mm brakes from 1.4 to XSi.
Thanks given by:
Worth remembering that there is a downside to brakes larger than you need - more weight, and more to the point, unsprung and (in the case of the disks) rotational weight which is particularly undesirable.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
307/GTI6 discs do weigh a fair bit more, however if anything, I find it makes the front end feel a bit more solid. Steering wheel gets a bit heavier, about it really. The improvement in braking force is worth it though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty vibration coming from the rear brakes johnny625 9 3,858 12-04-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: johnny625
  Fitting Gti-6 brakes? JTaylor2005 2 1,699 02-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Differnce between Meridian HDI and GTI-6 Brakes JTaylor2005 6 2,998 16-03-2018, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Piggy