Photo of GTI Springs/Shocks on HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo of GTI Springs/Shocks on HDI
Has anyone got a photo of a 306 hdi on GTI shocks/springs? Want to see actusll how high the front end sits, should handle a lot better anyway.
Thanks given by:
The Dturbo spec dampers at springs will be better as they are rated for the weight of your car.

The dampers last time I checked were £80 each from the dealers.
Thanks given by:
yeah, the gti is about 2t lighter atleast Smile

the HDI weights about the same as 2 GTIs Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Im sure I read the GTI engine/box is actually heavier tha HDI engine + 1 gear less box.
Nowhere really stocks any decent fairly priced shocks/springs for HDI D Turbos these days, other than dealers which cost a fortune, not looking to spend that much. Theres a few of eBay but its all brands ive never even heard of, hence looking at GTI ones as if they don't lift the car up too much, there are loads of options with buying GTI stuff new or used.
So just wondered if any of the forum users had any photos of one of their current/previous HDI 306's on GTI springs and/or shocks.
Thanks given by:
Gti6s weigh about as much as a house, hdi is lighter.

Centre of gravity will be higher so it'll still be rolly and shit I would think. Dum dum did it but remember which car now.
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Gti6s weigh about as much as a house, hdi is lighter.

in what world would a GTI be heavier than HDI,,,,, it defies logic....... 

not that i dont believe you, i do. i had gotten my 306s round the wrong way :Smile

hdi is around 1155kg 
gti is about 1215kg....
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
The GTI should have had an ally block, that would have helped loads on the weight.

Extra set of gears, cams and valve gear does help on top of the iron block.
Thanks given by:
We really need a tagging feature asap... would help this thread as well as other similar ones so much and make it much easier.
@Dumdum do you have any photos of the HDI on the gti springs? what was it like? was an estate IIRC wasn't it?
Thanks given by:
It might have been the white estate, he's had so many I can't remember lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coilovers/Springs/Shocks Esmyth124 6 2,397 07-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Gti6/VTS Front Shocks/Springs MY95 14 2,987 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Xsara vts front shocks / springs?? Tc306 5 2,420 06-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Tc306