IS200 coolant boiling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS200 coolant boiling
Tongue 
pretty stumped so thats why im resorting to asking for help from the 306 forum Smile

picked up an IS200 yesterday and everything seemed fine goes, stops and no rattles.

after driving 100 miles home the coolant was boiling in the reservoir. I took the cap of the rad and it was just water in there I filled it up with antifreeze but still the coolant boils like a kettle after a long drive.

theres no oil/coolant mix anywhere, the heaters blow very hot, the thermostat opens and fans come on. 

Ive stook some cardboard under the car to see if I can find a leak but its gone through 1 litre of coolant in around 2 hours.

very slight steam from exhaust but I compared it to my friends '12 plate focus and his was exactly the same (just cold outside)
Thanks given by:
common for the head to crack on these, they don't often mix fluids.

edit, thought you said L200 lol

start with a new cap, boiling point is significantly higher under pressure.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 12:24 PM)welshpug Wrote: common for the head to crack on these, they don't often mix fluids.

edit, thought you said L200 lol

start with a new cap, boiling point is significantly higher under pressure.

thats my thoughts mate Smile if the presure is lower it boils at a lower temp right?

the rad looks a little cruddy now so maybe ill get a new one there only £60 (not sure if that comes with a new cap though?
Thanks given by:
Rad cap would be my first port of call too.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Another for rad cap, my brothers Lexus did the same thing but was faulty cap and a thermostat
Thanks given by:
Left some card under it this morning. The rad has a few stones in it at the very bottom and coolant was dripping so I've ripped it out just to wait 4 days now for the new one
Thanks given by: