2 Cars Insurance - NCB??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Cars Insurance - NCB??
samass Wrote:maybe its just your tyres that are f*cked, thus allowing the car to lock easily

Well they're fairly new, they're only budgets on the front i think (but falkens on the back) but all got good tread so should be alright on a dry road at least!! I know they're really skinny though.

I think the other problem is I'm used to being able to steer and brake at the same time (the sole purpose of ABS!) but in this with even the slightest bit of steering while braking it just locks and ends up sliding sideways. :?

Maybe it's the weightlessness of the car too....I mean the heavy golf with a heavy PD engine must put plenty of force down onto the front wheels......but theres not much weight in the NAD so not enough downforce to keep traction maybe? :think:
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:In London I doubt you ever move fast enough to need the brakes!

I said South London, not Central London Wink Little bit of difference.
Thanks given by:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:In London I doubt you ever move fast enough to need the brakes!

I said South London, not Central London Wink Little bit of difference.

Where abouts in south London are you mate? (probably asked before but useless memory!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Meh its all London to me! lol
Thanks given by:
God Tom I think you would shit your self to death if you went to London. Think sam would as well what with all the different cultures lmao
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I definitely would niall. :problem:

And lol Sams from the countryside, there is only one culture out here.....faaaaaarmer! lol
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:I said South London, not Central London Wink Little bit of difference.

Where abouts in south London are you mate? (probably asked before but useless memory!)

I'm between Bromley and Lewisham Smile
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Well they're fairly new, they're only budgets on the front i think (but falkens on the back) but all got good tread so should be alright on a dry road at least!! I know they're really skinny though.

I think the other problem is I'm used to being able to steer and brake at the same time (the sole purpose of ABS!) but in this with even the slightest bit of steering while braking it just locks and ends up sliding sideways. :?

Maybe it's the weightlessness of the car too....I mean the heavy golf with a heavy PD engine must put plenty of force down onto the front wheels......but theres not much weight in the NAD so not enough downforce to keep traction maybe? :think:

well tom, dont drive it like the golf as they are different cars.
i think you have shit tyres tbh tom as if its acting up like that in the wet. get your arse down to the local scrappy and see if they have a 106 in with wider tyres or a 406 with bigger wheels like dum dum has done.
another thing tom, if its like that in the wet dont give it beans either. my rover would shite it self over 4k rpm in the wet. did your 4k change ups and the car was ok. that was with the skinnys on Smile
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Well they're fairly new, they're only budgets on the front i think (but falkens on the back) but all got good tread so should be alright on a dry road at least!! I know they're really skinny though.

well tom, dont drive it like the golf as they are different cars.
i think you have shit tyres tbh tom as if its acting up like that in the wet. get your arse down to the local scrappy and see if they have a 106 in with wider tyres or a 406 with bigger wheels like dum dum has done.
another thing tom, if its like that in the wet dont give it beans either. my rover would shite it self over 4k rpm in the wet. did your 4k change ups and the car was ok. that was with the skinnys on Smile

It's like this in the dry! Confusedhock: I don't drive quick in the wet anyway cos the golfs awful in rain.....
Thanks given by:
get better tyres then tom, so arse down the local scrappy.
Thanks given by:
RIGHT.....

Bored of waiting on hold to Brent :yawn: but I've just thought, will they insure the NAD as its standard and they're a modified insurer? Don't wanna wait on hold for ages if they're gonna tell me they can't insure it lol.

What I'm gonna have to do for now is insure the NAD for the year, then go from there as I don't know what's happening with the golf atm.....BUT I like the idea of the bhp limit for whatever car I do get next as I'm sure that'll get modded too lol.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:RIGHT.....

Bored of waiting on hold to Brent :yawn: but I've just thought, will they insure the NAD as its standard and they're a modified insurer? Don't wanna wait on hold for ages if they're gonna tell me they can't insure it lol.

What I'm gonna have to do for now is insure the NAD for the year, then go from there as I don't know what's happening with the golf atm.....BUT I like the idea of the bhp limit for whatever car I do get next as I'm sure that'll get modded too lol.

insured my HDI as standard no bother. Wink
Thanks given by:
I was gonna try them again today....got panicky on the phone on hold again though, so I put the phone down before I got through. :problem:

Elephant will insure the NAD for £510 online though, so I guess brent won't be able to change that much anyway. They're losing customers by not having a website quote thing, well, the f*cked up weird ones anyway.
Thanks given by:
I've always held 2 seperate policy's for my cars, can't get multi-car due to the Partner being a commercial vehicle, which is rubbish news.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I was gonna try them again today....got panicky on the phone on hold again though, so I put the phone down before I got through. :problem:

Elephant will insure the NAD for £510 online though, so I guess brent won't be able to change that much anyway. They're losing customers by not having a website quote thing, well, the f*cked up weird ones anyway.

best thing todo then if you get panicky while on hold, is go thru everything. ie double check car reg, etc just to take your mind off been panicky Wink
Thanks given by:
or, MTFU
why would you get panicky over being on hold?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Its telephones mate.....I don't like tham at all. Sad Waiting for someone to pick up the other end seems to start off panic attacks...FML. If I could man up I would've by now.

Its like talking to a real person...but one you can't even see. :? Forums/Emails/texts are much better.....
Thanks given by:
you're so odd....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:you're so odd....

Really? I hadn't noticed.... :roll: Sad
Thanks given by: