306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 2 Cars Insurance - NCB??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Morning,

Well I know quite a few of you have 2 cars OTR.........

I've decided that the 'one oh shit' is actually suprisingly useful for filling with crap, chucking lots of dirty tools in, towing the trailer and more importantly a 'spare' car for use while fixing others.

So I've been looking for two car insurannce (as the NAD should be cheap for a second car!) but apparently I'm not allowed to use my NCB on both cars??? Wtf? If I've not crashed in 3 years in one car surely I should have the ncb on both!! Confusedhock:

Anyway, how do you guys get around this?? :?

Cheers
Tom
You don't get round it. You can only use NBC on one policy. So if your insuring them on separate policies then you can only use it once. Try insuring the golf and having the NAD on the same policy?
Iirc if you have a admiral multicar policy, the NCB is for the policy and not a car so gives you a discount on two cars
Matt Wrote:You don't get round it. You can only use NBC on one policy. So if your insuring them on separate policies then you can only use it once. Try insuring the golf and having the NAD on the same policy?

How can you have them on the same policy?? Like admiral multicar you mean? The problem with that is that admiral won't insure the golf as its now too modified apparntly. :problem:
Niall Wrote:Iirc if you have a admiral multicar policy, the NCB is for the policy and not a car so gives you a discount on two cars

May have to sell the golf earlier than I was expecting then. :think:
Or you could insure the Golf on a policy which is comprehensive, and would allow you to drive other cars?
Toby Wrote:Or you could insure the Golf on a policy which is comprehensive, and would allow you to drive other cars?

Toby if you have a policy that allows you to drive any car, that car still has to be insured
Toby Wrote:Or you could insure the Golf on a policy which is comprehensive, and would allow you to drive other cars?

I am fully comp but DOCs is bloody hard to find at 20 y/o. Sad Also, you cant drive your own car on DOCs afaik.

Edit - What Niall said lol. Smile
Try adrian Flux; I have 5yrs protected ncb on the nad at the moment which is insured fully comp (as I have to to get them protected). Because I didn't want to cancel the policy half way through and miss out on the 6th year of ncb (and because lets face it, the Priviledge aren't going to insure me, a young male driver with a fast modified car. Joanna Lumley would shit a brick!) I went to Adrian Flux, explained my situation, and they insured me TPFT on the '6 for £620 a year. I had to prove I had the 5yrs ncb on the other policy, but that was easy, I just got priviledge to send a certificate over.

So it is possible Tom, shop around, I'm sure you'll get sorted Smile
Ah ok, so it is possible then.....I'll look into that a bit more when I get home then! Smile
brentacre will mirror across, they did for my rover. give them a call tom.
Remember, you don't have to be posh to be Privileged...
[Image: 497329246b9f2af9.jpg.jpg&sa=X&ei=VhCtT8K...FyIWjAfTtg]
Toms306 Wrote:The problem with that is that admiral won't insure the golf as its now too modified apparntly. :problem:

Funny that iv got loads of mods insured on both my cars on a admiral multi policy?? and they even quoted me for a charger to be added to the 6 so how is you golf to modified lol

Havent read the rest of the thread but you need a separate ncb on each car on admiral lol
You cant use ncb on 2 policies but you can tell them that you have X ncb on another policy and hopefully they will either mirror it or take it into concideration when they quote and ask for proof. Thats how mine are all done.
puglove Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:The problem with that is that admiral won't insure the golf as its now too modified apparntly. :problem:

Funny that iv got loads of mods insured on both my cars on a admiral multi policy?? and they even quoted me for a charger to be added to the 6 so how is you golf to modified lol

Havent read the rest of the thread but you need a separate ncb on each car on admiral lol

Possibly my age? They wont let me have an intercooler, bigger turbo or 25%+ map. :problem:
procta Wrote:brentacre will mirror across, they did for my rover. give them a call tom.

Yes I keep meaning to try Brent!! Will try tomorow if they're open.

Have now decided I don't want THIS nad anymore though, will have to find something else shit...but something safer!! Locked it again today and nearly wrote it off, never had so many near misses in my driving career until buying this............and anyone that says it's my driving.....it usually isnt, its the lady gardens that cant read give way marking who pull out infront of me and don't even bother booting it out of the way! :mad:
Toms306 Wrote:
procta Wrote:brentacre will mirror across, they did for my rover. give them a call tom.

Yes I keep meaning to try Brent!! Will try tomorow if they're open.

Have now decided I don't want THIS nad anymore though, will have to find something else shit...but something safer!! Locked it again today and nearly wrote it off, never had so many near misses in my driving career until buying this............and anyone that says it's my driving.....it usually isnt, its the lady gardens that cant read give way marking who pull out infront of me and don't even bother booting it out of the way! :mad:

tom that was me in my 1st metro, as they dont have any street credit at all.
the amount of near misses i had, i have lost count.
people pulling out on me at the last min, cutting me up and sitting off the rear bumper. it got to the point where i was going to hit someone over it! safe to say the horn on that car worked well.
i do get it with this one now and again too, but with this one been highly strung they dont really get the chance to tail gate it or cut me up or under cut.
i have a wife pull out on me at the last min, she couldnt get her car way fast enough. she got a shock as i just over took her with out any bother. sleepers are great fun Tongue
procta Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Yes I keep meaning to try Brent!! Will try tomorow if they're open.

tom that was me in my 1st metro, as they dont have any street credit at all.
the amount of near misses i had, i have lost count.
people pulling out on me at the last min, cutting me up and sitting off the rear bumper. it got to the point where i was going to hit someone over it! safe to say the horn on that car worked well.
i do get it with this one now and again too, but with this one been highly strung they dont really get the chance to tail gate it or cut me up or under cut.
i have a wife pull out on me at the last min, she couldnt get her car way fast enough. she got a shock as i just over took her with out any bother. sleepers are great fun Tongue

Tbh I got it in the golf too...but the golf has working 288mm ABS brakes............or 180bhp.........so either way can avoid issues there lol.

I really can't see how a car that has no ABS and brakes this small can still be deemed safe on todays roads, let alone the lack of overtaking power. And they're still making cars with an equally bad 0-60 these days, just so they pay no road tax and do 88mpg. :? :think:
No overtaking speed? Well... somebody has to be the overtaken ninja
I said "remap" on the phone to admiral and his computer threw a shit fit lol
tom, one of the lads at works just bought a smart car, i thought of two people straight away on here. the liam and you, the liam for wanting every car. you as they are smaller than a 1000c turboed and give good mpg.
Connor Wrote:I said "remap" on the phone to admiral and his computer threw a shit fit lol

Yeah mine was declared as a chip in the end...uptow 25% aswell cos it wouldn't let me have any higher. :problem:

SRowell Wrote:No overtaking speed? Well... somebody has to be the overtaken ninja

Yes, the people that chose to drive slowly should be overtaken....but they still need to overtake bikes/tractors at some point which is barely possible in this....and certainly isn't safe! lol intact I was thinking about it yesterday, why the hell do I pay more insurance with safer overtaking power and a brake/tyre setup that will actually stop you.....plus if there was a crash, there'd be nothing left if the nad, but the golf would still be solid with maybe a scratch or two lol. Definitely makes you think anyway! :think:
procta Wrote:tom, one of the lads at works just bought a smart car, i thought of two people straight away on here. the liam and you, the liam for wanting every car. you as they are smaller than a 1000c turboed and give good mpg.

Yes I like mpg.....but not at the expense of power and SPEC lol. I was even considering a bluemotiin polo, until I realised how gay I'd look and how slow they are (still a better 0-60 than a hdi though Haha).
aviva will use mirror no claims thats what weve done Smile
I don't know how you're driving Tom but when I had my NAD the only time I nearly had an accident was when I wasn't paying attention, usually because there was an attractive young lady at the bus stop :oops: And that's with driving in South London which is a whole lot more busy than where you are.

Can overtake with them easily too, just have to use the gears right.
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:I don't know how you're driving Tom but when I had my NAD the only time I nearly had an accident was when I wasn't paying attention, usually because there was an attractive young lady at the bus stop :oops: And that's with driving in South London which is a whole lot more busy than where you are.

Can overtake with them easily too, just have to use the gears right.

Agreed. You seem to have so many near misses Tom which means you drive like a cock or there are a lot of cocks in your area and I know which one I think it is!
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:Can overtake with them easily too, just have to use the gears right.

Ed should comment here. He drove his NAD on the door handles. Fooby in his '6 couldn't keep up whistle
Eds heroic driving? Or fooby driving like a girl? We will never no
In London I doubt you ever move fast enough to need the brakes!

People round here just don't seem to read giveway markings on nsl peices of road, they pull out without even looking, am I supposed to slow down to 20mph st each turning incase there's a bellend there that pulls out infringe of me? :think:

Oh and it happened again today, but I was following a beemer that had to slam on the brakes cos of a lady garden pulling out infringe of him. I locked again but luckily had left a mile of braking distance behind him so stopped about an inch away. Confusedhock:

I genuinely want a sticker for my bonnet that says something like 'give way lines mean give way, wanker!'. :problem:
maybe its just your tyres that are f*cked, thus allowing the car to lock easily
Pages: 1 2