Dum-Dum's WRX Wagon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's WRX Wagon
But Kumhos are awful... Try driving on some decent tyres and you'll get the point.

You look so happy in that pic mate, this thing definitely suits you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
With regards too part worn tyres... pm me requirements Wink The ones i sell are usually top notch and under 3 yrs old

13" & 14" are £10 a tyre
15" & 16" are £15 a tyre
17" & over are £20 a tyre

I can post tyres next day for a tenner also ThumbsUp
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2016, 07:01 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: With regards too part worn tyres... pm me requirements Wink The ones i sell are usually top notch and under 3 yrs old

13" & 14" are £10 a tyre
15" & 16" are £15 a tyre

Holy crap i never thought about this. You will now get all of my tyre sales as well. Personal parts man youre becoming
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Why haven't you said that before Matt! Tongue I'm guessing you don't get many decent make tyres at the yard though?

Can get really cheap PWs at a dodgy garage near Bash's but they're never decent makes, I tend to use them on cheap cars I'm flipping rather than my own though!
Thanks given by:
I got decent stuff and budget budget stuff Wink happy to be personal parts supplier guys you know this Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Ps3 in 225 40 18 please
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(29-06-2016, 09:13 AM)Anton Wrote: Ps3 in 225 40 18 please

Keep it too PM's please dude, but i dont get much in 225/40/18 unfortunately.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2016, 07:35 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(29-06-2016, 07:01 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: With regards too part worn tyres... pm me requirements Wink The ones i sell are usually top notch and under 3 yrs old

13" & 14" are £10 a tyre
15" & 16" are £15 a tyre

Holy crap i never thought about this. You will now get all of my tyre sales as well. Personal parts man youre becoming

I didnt know.  now I do.

Now i will use lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wow, a whole page of my thread is now Matts tyre sales (and not Matt's Cummins engine sales) sort it out!!!
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2016, 04:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Wow, a whole page of my thread is now Matts tyre sales (and not Matt's Cummins engine sales) sort it out!!!

I aim too please Tongue

usually miss but hey ho, and you know if i find a 6bt motor i wont be calling you... it'll be going in my disco Wink
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
give this guy a call they break lorrys and are also a scrap metal merchants Wink

T M Whitfield General Dealers Ltd
01884 266283
St Andrews Farm , Kentisbeare , Cullompton , EX152BZ

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Kumho are fine, mid range kinda thing, certainly no wankang blackhorse stunner type!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Been avoiding changing my 2 blown sidelights for a month as it is a bumper off and headlight out job however sadly one of my headlights then went I had to do something about it and a complete lack of space meant although technically possible to change the headlight bulb in situ it was easier to take it out.

This meant that when it was cool yesterday evening the car ended up looking like this.

I swapped both headlight bulbs for yellower "all-weather" anti glare bulbs. Driver side is the new one for the comparison in this pic although the old one looks brighter as the old bulb isn't in properly.

Thanks given by:
Thats the bulbs i use.. Cant fault them tbh

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2016, 09:19 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Thats the bulbs i use.. Cant fault them tbh

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yeah I really like them, they look good and provide great visibility. They are half price on trade as well.

I had been hoping that they were H4s not H1 as then I could of just pinched a single bulb out the truck.
Thanks given by:
Because of the crash damage there isn't much holding the front bumper on leaving some pretty terrible panel gaps, the back edge of the bumper was 15mm from the wing.

I bought some scene spec neo chrome bumper mounts to try and reduce this and hold the bumper a little more securely.
Sadly even with alot of tension on the rubber O rings they haven't much improved the gap.
It does kinda hide some of the holes in the bumper though but I'm undecided on them, I wonder id removing the mounts and just running a cable time or jubilee clip between the holes would improve it more.

Thanks given by:
...or fix it? Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2016, 08:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: ...or fix it? Tongue
Don't be so preposterous!
Thanks given by:
As of yesterday I've owned the Scooby 4 months and I still love it (when it behaves), it's doing 24.3mpg average which is about the same as I was getting out my bianca GTi6 so impressive considering how it gets driven, the 4wd losses and how heavy it is.
I've done about 4500 miles now and as I arrived home the other evening hit 110,000 miles

I've long suspected that the battery was on it's way out, the one fitted is probably original, but now it's only holding enough charge for one half arsed attempt at starting, joys.

On the upside I have changed my mind about the head gasket being on it's way out.
Thanks given by:
Finally a photo of my swap to the 206 HDi battery.

Drove all the way to my parents in Scotland this time last week, Sat at 60-65mph all the way and did it on 1 tank of fuel not only getting 40mpg but actually beating Subaru's MPG figure for the car

Came back from Scotland via Wales and found myself on a forest track that looked a bit like a rally stage and well, you can imagine what happened. This picture doesn't do justice to the mud and dust up the car.

Total mileage for the drive to Scotland and back was 986.5 and the car has been faultless as ever.

Cost a bit in fuel though (and I haven't even filled up since I got home either).

Thanks given by:
One tank up and several down then!
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2016, 05:35 PM)Eeyore Wrote: One tank up and several down then!

One as I left, one just before my parents, one just as I got into wales and need another now. Forgot how good Welsh roads are and I went on a bit of an overtake-a-thon Blush
Thanks given by:
Scoobys turn to receive some attention now as she's starting to need little bits.

First off I never got the air bag light to turn off so I replaced the only part of that system I'd not replaced, the airbag sensors.
Low and behold, the light is still on. f*ck.

Next up I had the grille (and bumper) off to do the sensors, it was still a bit damaged from the crash and I want a debadged one but they are £80. Looking closely the mesh was just clipped on from the factory, un clipped that and chopped the badge and it's supports off with a hacksaw before clipping the mesh back on.

It needs some tidying up but for a 5 minute job it's a blinder

I've had a pair of 139db horns sitting in my workshop for 4 years and have finally decided they are only useful fitted to a car. Got one each side and they are loud Big Grin Wish I'd fitted them before now.

And here's how she's sitting now. Further update tomorrow as I've been up to Northampton this evening to pick something up off a bloke who breaks STis Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Suppose I'd better catch up with this.

On my last set of days off I removed the Air Con from the car. It now sits a degree or 2 cooler on the motorway.

I'm not sure the pics need explaining, the first pictures there is stuff there, the last pictures the stuff is gone.

Thanks given by:
Any particular reason for removing A/C? Broken or becauseracecar
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2016, 03:05 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Any particular reason for removing A/C? Broken or becauseracecar

Derrrr...

#becausedumdum
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2016, 03:05 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Any particular reason for removing A/C? Broken or becauseracecar
Bit of both if I'm honest. It was broken (although it was working when I got it) and so much of the system looked questionable it would have cost alot to fix plus I'm looking to rotate my inlet manifold so the throttle body is at the front as that gives a shorter FMIC pipe run and removes the pipe that runs over the top of the turbo.

(04-10-2016, 03:13 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Derrrr...

#becausedumdum

This is also a valid reason
Thanks given by:
Old enough to know better and young enough to do it anyway. Yesterday I took the Impreza green laning. I only did a couple of lanes as another couple I knew I'd have no chance with (like 12" deep ruts) and it coped rather well even up hill on mud. A few new paint scratches (it had a few anyway) and a couple of nasty clunks (including one where I thought I'd split my sump) and I'd had a rather nice afternoon with some pretty pictures to boot.

Thanks given by:
Ha. I've driven down there.
I was keeping an eye out for yobbos in scoobys yesterday in Aylesbury, lost count but didn't spot you.
I was in the Hop Pole for an hour or two. Good pub.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2016, 09:28 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Ha.  I've driven down there.
I was keeping an eye out for yobbos in scoobys yesterday in Aylesbury,  lost count but didn't spot you.
I was in the Hop Pole for an hour or two.  Good pub.

At the Hop Pole, I don't tend to go past there as it's on the road through the town center whereas I usually go up the train station side.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Craigus' family wagon Craigus 20 3,846 08-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Grants OAP Wagon MK.2 Grant 9 2,440 07-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Grant