Black strip just behind front door glass

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black strip just behind front door glass
The black area on the front doors just behind the glass - I am assuming it is a stick on plasticky sheet - are they easy to get ? as one of mine is really tatty !

thanks max
Thanks given by:
Yes, just buy some vinyl wrap, could get carbon if u fancy a change Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
[Image: DSC01473_zpsbb1gktix.jpg]

Thanks Matt
Trouble is - the other 3 doors are perfect so if poss just wanted to get some matching material LOL
Thanks given by:
yeh peugeot sell it precut so ive heard. i really want to make a template so i can do my own designs.
Thanks given by:
It goes under the seals so would think it'd be easy to get looking right, wouldn't have to be cut perfect.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hi Max,
I sell them here - http://vehicledecals.co.uk/shop/peugeot-...ps-866366/

They are for the 3dr though - is yours a 3dr or 5dr?

Smile

Rich
306 hdi 3dr moonstone
205 gti6 bare shell rebuild
m3 evolution coupe weekend hero
bmw x3 xdrive35d f25 313bhp nutter
Thanks given by:
There's plenty on eBay. I checked the other night. All quite expensive though.
Thanks given by:
My brother has his own vinyl company, could ask him to knock some up if there's any interest? Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2016, 04:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: My brother has his own vinyl company, could ask him to knock some up if there's any interest? Smile

not if im going to do it Wink
Thanks given by:
made mine from off cut out the bin of a sign writers

BIN diving FTW!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(23-03-2016, 04:22 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(23-03-2016, 04:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: My brother has his own vinyl company, could ask him to knock some up if there's any interest? Smile

we can't afford your yaught fund prices Sam, I'll sort it out properly Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2016, 01:38 PM)rikky Wrote: Hi Max,
I sell them here - http://vehicledecals.co.uk/shop/peugeot-...ps-866366/

They are for the 3dr though - is yours a 3dr or 5dr?

Smile

Rich

Hi Rich - mine is a 5 door,do you have the dimensions of the 3 door strip ?
Wouldn't be a problem if the strip was slightly large Smile

thanks max
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2016, 05:59 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Surely that's pronounced 'yaft'? It's yacht lol...
Thanks given by:
the three door ones will be longer than the 5 door... and also youll need 4 of them so 2x 3 door ones. The angles will be different and itll be a pain. You need the proper 5 door ones.
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2016, 06:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(23-03-2016, 05:59 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Surely that's pronounced 'yaft'?  It's yacht lol...

yes yes lol, i knew it was wrong when i wrote it, strangely enough it's not a word i use with any real degree of frequency at all, i can't imagine why, well played, that's the first time you've caught me out for many years, bet you're jizzing in your keks :Big Grin
my point still stands, i'll get some knocked up and put some pics up of them fitted if anyone wants some so be it . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Quote:Eeyore[Image: buddy_offline.png]

the three door ones will be longer than the 5 door... and also youll need 4 of them so 2x 3 door ones. The angles will be different and itll be a pain. You need the proper 5 door ones.

Its not too bad on my car because I only need to do one window - the other 3 strips are in really nice condition - which is why I wanted to find a matching strip and just do the 1 window : )
Thanks given by:
OK I have just removed the offending strip and now just need to remove the residual dried adhesive LOL
At the moment I have a strip of white spirit soaked paper towel draped over the area - but if that does not work - is there a safe solvent I can use ?? As I do not want to damage the paint or laquer !
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 10:30 AM)maxaret Wrote: OK I have just removed the offending strip and now just need to remove the residual dried adhesive LOL
At the moment I have a strip of white spirit soaked paper towel draped over the area - but if that does not work - is there a safe solvent I can use ?? As I do not want to damage the paint or laquer !

polish? . .Smile
Thanks given by:
yeh the adhesive is the worst bit. I think i just used a whole load of white spirit. Just try not to get it on the rest of the paint work.
Thanks given by:
there may be a 'glue removing' product, just don't ask me what.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 10:33 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 10:30 AM)maxaret Wrote: OK I have just removed the offending strip and now just need to remove the residual dried adhesive LOL

polish? . .Smile

Polish ?? - I never use it LOL
I usually wash my cars once a year whether they need it or not Rofl

(02-04-2016, 10:34 AM)Eeyore Wrote: yeh the adhesive is the worst bit. I think i just used a whole load of white spirit. Just try not to get it on the rest of the paint work.

the lower 2/3rds of the strip was in good nick and therefore all the glue still there LOL (pic on post # 3)
Thanks given by:
I'd have used a heat gun and old debit card like removing badges. There are quite a few tar & glue removers about that should do the job also.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 11:00 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd have used a heat gun and old debit card like removing badges.  There are quite a few tar & glue removers about that should do the job also.

I did think of heat but wasn't sure if the laquer would survive that Tom
Thanks given by:
Not sure the lacquer on 306s survives a slight breeze tbh... Tongue

I've removed loads of badges like that without causing damage but I guess it could do. Even parking with that door facing the sun would probably help soften the glue if you don't want to risk proper heat.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 11:16 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Not sure the lacquer on 306s survives a slight breeze tbh... Tongue

I've removed loads of badges like that without causing damage but I guess it could do.  Even parking with that door facing the sun would probably help soften the glue if you don't want to risk proper heat.

Yeah and it is the best condition paint area on the car LOL - the bonnet,roof and tailgate does not have much laquer left Smile.
I have left in the weak Perthshire sunlight and will google the problem later !
Thanks given by:
meths?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 05:38 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: meths?

Good idea - we have some in the drinks cabinet Wink
I will get back to it during the week if the weather improves,but yes meths is handy stuff.

I was also wondering about IPA ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lexan glass opinions impotentials 10 1,869 09-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Last Post: impotentials
Question To strip or not to strip, that is the question.... impotentials 26 4,830 13-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167
  best place to buy heated mirror glass? philpemberton94 2 1,003 28-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit