compbrake quickshift fitting / adjustment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compbrake quickshift fitting / adjustment
got a compbrake quickshift

grubscrews are no good and collars moved within about 3 seconds of fitting it so took it straight off.

This was a while a go, and im considering putting it back on

Have drilled the offending grub screws out, becasue of course they round as soon as they smell a hex key

so

whereabouts do i want this badboy before i weld the collars in position?

too short and I know its going to be an arse getting into gear, too long and whats the point?

input appreciated
Thanks given by:
Get a pic of the item mate.
If it's the one I'm thinking of its fit for the bin.

Compbrake still is shit/borderline dangerous
Thanks given by:
this is the happy chappy >>>
[Image: p-956-cmb0331_pug-206-306-qs_3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the main issue is the collars are wanking about on the shaft, sleeve the shaft up to the size of the collars, and the grub screws should work better.

I'd personally put it where the standard one was, the shift length is about right as standard if there's no play in anything, half the play will be on the subframe quadrant.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2016, 02:22 PM)welshpug Wrote: the main issue is the collars are wanking about on the shaft, sleeve the shaft up to the size of the collars, and the grub screws should work better.

I'd personally put it where the standard one was, the shift length is about right as standard if there's no play in anything, half the play will be on the subframe quadrant.

yeah the collars move and its turns to mush

so, fix it so the rose joint is where the original ball was? or a different position for similar throw.

i can't just fit and fettle, as the collars are all goosey loosey now ive drilled the cheesy grub screws out. gonna zap them in position with the firestick
Thanks given by:
I can measure mine? Or you can come try mine, then measure?

I welded the one underneath and used spacers for top one so if needs be can still remove it.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  compbrake adjustable top mounts philip r 5 1,502 25-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  quickshift connorp 18 4,109 18-06-2015, 06:04 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  quickshift gearbox type mossy1985 5 1,318 09-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: cully