Don't get a 306 get a KA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't get a 306 get a KA
I looked at buying a Ka a decade ago. I didn't buy it cos it had been clocked and was rusty as f*ck.

No doubt the engines are indestructible and they aren't bad handling but if it was rusty 10 years ago it's gonna be worse now.
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2016, 11:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I looked at buying a Ka a decade ago. I didn't buy it cos it had been clocked and was rusty as f*ck.

No doubt the engines are indestructible and they aren't bad handling but if it was rusty 10 years ago it's gonna be worse now.

Haha yeah exactly just really don't like them at all
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2016, 11:45 PM)Lanamarie Wrote:
(13-03-2016, 11:37 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote: Definitely get a 306 !! Funny thing is I got my 306 from a good friend that daily's a '97 KA. It's not too bad rust wise but it has so many leaks to the interior hat he leaves a dehumidifier in it lol.

That's so bad!

I know lol. I got in it one day and as I closed the door the interior mirror fell down Rofl
Thanks given by:
I can see the appeal of 'it's so shit it's good" in the same way a 106 nad is slow but very fun to rag. Floor it for an hour and you might be at 40 lol
Thanks given by:
I wonder what would win a head on between a 106 and a Ka.... Would there be anything left at all? lol
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2016, 08:55 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I wonder what would win a head on between a 106 and a Ka....  Would there be anything left at all? lol

Haha would be interesting to see what would happen
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2016, 04:54 PM)Niall Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 01:05 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Nah, sorry but ka's are good motors. Yes, they rust but if you can find a clean one and don't expect the handling of a 306 they're a good first car. Plus they're cheap as f*ck to run and insure.

This.
Yes, they rust for fun and you will come outside one day to a pile of brown dust after a heavy rain storm but they are stupidly cheap to run, tiny so ideal for new (read, not so confident) drivers and they are actually really good fun to drive in a strange way!

dad has a mid spec one.. rusting like a beast around the filler cap but it is mental to throw around roundabouts and the twisties..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: