306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Don't get a 306 get a KA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently I shouldn't get a 306 and get a KA with a pink flower on the back according to my parents, I need something cheap to run and I should get a girls car not a boy racer car which apparently 306's are , (seeing how some of you drive this is a complete lie Wink ) 

As politely as I could I told them to jump of a cliff and your not making me have a girls car, even tho I do want to have pink themed 306 (not all pink only centre console and interior plastics don't judge to much haha)
Please don't make it too pink. I've seen it done, it looks gross
Please excuse the poor photoshop  lol

[attachment=26769]

(12-03-2016, 10:35 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't make it too pink. I've seen it done, it looks gross

Haha I'm still a bit unsure, what i want for it though
If it was darker and more of a purple that'd look awesome
KA rot like mad from what I hear so that's a reason to avoid them.
(12-03-2016, 10:59 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]KA rot like mad from what I hear so that's a reason to avoid them.

Yeah plus there absolutely terrible

(12-03-2016, 10:47 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If it was darker and more of a purple that'd look awesome

Yeah I'm unsure at the moment, really want it to stand out though make people look at it even if they thinks its terrible they're still talking about my car
it'll be your car - go for it! Big Grin
(12-03-2016, 11:08 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]it'll be your car - go for it! Big Grin

Thank you!
Green Saab is the way to go!

[Image: 2012-08-30_1609371.jpg]
Ka's are rust bucket deathtraps, 306 is an amazing first car, it was my first car and 8 years later I still drive them, as you were young lady Smile
Bigcheez post a pic of the centre console as I sold the car to you.. Wink
Nah, sorry but ka's are good motors. Yes, they rust but if you can find a clean one and don't expect the handling of a 306 they're a good first car. Plus they're cheap as f*ck to run and insure.
(12-03-2016, 01:05 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, sorry but ka's are good motors. Yes, they rust but if you can find a clean one and don't expect the handling of a 306 they're a good first car. Plus they're cheap as f*ck to run and insure.

don't be sorry, I only said they're rustbuckets and deathtraps, you disputing any of that? lol
Ka engine is shit, handling difficult to predict, they rust, brakes aren't great and they are very scary when you are hit by a landrover.
They failed to spell the name of it when Ford did their unvealing...
Was supposed to be "Kak"

And it lives by that name
I will literally refuse it, my parents want me to do one of those just add fuel schemes, but they are all girl cars and i want to actually be able to do what i want to the car as in repair it etc.
Just add fuel isn't too bad... Could get a lovely pink 108 with eye lashes and fairy dust stickers... Wink
(12-03-2016, 05:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Just add fuel isn't too bad...  Could get a lovely pink 108 with eye lashes and fairy dust stickers... Wink

haha if i had to do just add fuel it would have to be pug
KA'S ARE SH@T;
early ones suffered horrendous corrosion on the offside of car only, from inner wing/chassis leg/full length of sill.
newer ones rust equally on both sides, just like a fiesta does but also at rear axle mounting areas.
power steering pipes rust then burst open, heater valves & heater controls on the dash burn out
usual rear wheel cylinders burst and destroy rear brake shoes
I have replaced 3 x power steering racks
front springs break like any other ford.
behind the plastic front bumper/wheel arches section is a piece of expanded foam to protect you in an accident ??

and your parents want you to have one ????
Mk1 KA cheap as chips motoring, hated them until I drove one then fell in love, motors are nippy for what they are

yeah they're just an old fiesta underneath and will rust to bits, but I think they're a good laugh spesh when 5 up

#KAconvert
a car to work on? try an mgb/gt (easy mechanics + owners club & full spares availability)
Get a Puma. Real hoot to drive!
(12-03-2016, 06:41 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: [ -> ]KA'S ARE SH@T;
early ones suffered horrendous corrosion on the offside of car only, from inner wing/chassis leg/full length of sill.
newer ones rust equally on both sides, just like a fiesta does but also at rear axle mounting areas.
power steering pipes rust then burst open, heater valves & heater controls on the dash burn out
usual rear wheel cylinders burst and destroy rear brake shoes
I have replaced 3 x power steering racks
front springs break like any other ford.
behind the plastic front bumper/wheel arches section is a piece of expanded foam to protect you in an accident ??

and your parents want you to have one ????

Haha apparently so....

(12-03-2016, 07:24 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]Mk1 KA cheap as chips motoring, hated them until I drove one then fell in love, motors are nippy for what they are

yeah they're just an old fiesta underneath and will rust to bits, but I think they're a good laugh spesh when 5 up

#KAconvert

Just not a fan love pugs to much
(12-03-2016, 08:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Get a Puma. Real hoot to drive!

Not a bad call at all tbf.

I am a Puma convert... Only with the 1.7 mind.

Have to look carefully now though, they too have mostly rotted away
Ka are quite fun to drive in a it's so shit it's good kind of way, they do have an amazing gear change feel for some reason haha.
Nothing wrong with the ka, the old 1.3 is pretty much indestructable, there's nothing else on them to go wrong and the chassis is stronger than most other cars of a similar size, should see how a 106 folds up in an accident. That said, i'd never choose one over a 306.
(12-03-2016, 01:05 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, sorry but ka's are good motors. Yes, they rust but if you can find a clean one and don't expect the handling of a 306 they're a good first car. Plus they're cheap as f*ck to run and insure.

This.
Yes, they rust for fun and you will come outside one day to a pile of brown dust after a heavy rain storm but they are stupidly cheap to run, tiny so ideal for new (read, not so confident) drivers and they are actually really good fun to drive in a strange way!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates them, I would be embarrassed to call it my car and drive it tbh want something I can be proud of obviously not the 1.4 that I'm thinking of starting with but obviously when I move up bigger apart from a few visuals
Definitely get a 306 !! Funny thing is I got my 306 from a good friend that daily's a '97 KA. It's not too bad rust wise but it has so many leaks to the interior hat he leaves a dehumidifier in it lol.
(13-03-2016, 11:37 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely get a 306 !! Funny thing is I got my 306 from a good friend that daily's a '97 KA. It's not too bad rust wise but it has so many leaks to the interior hat he leaves a dehumidifier in it lol.

That's so bad!
Pages: 1 2