Taxing car without logbook.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taxing car without logbook.
So we bought my brother a ford ranger recently off one of our good customers who said he had the log book and would get it when business opened again. Well now he cant find it. And over Christmas he changed his insurance and I done a load of work on it to get it through mot. Now we need tax. And have no idea how to get it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You'll need to apply for a new logbook first. You won't be able to buy tax until the car is in his name!
Thanks given by:
I'm sure a v62 (log book form) allows you to buy tax as you do it from memory. But cant find information. Just means popping into tax office in Ipswich I think. But need to confirm this
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
There arent any tax offices these days, all done through the Post Office now.

From the V62 PDF -

What to do if you also need to tax your vehicle

If you do not have a V5C or the V5C/2 you will need to fill in this form and pay a fee. You can pay by cash, direct debit, debit card, credit card, cheque or postal order (made out to Post Office Ltd.), Post Office budget card or by traveller’s cheques (in pounds sterling).

If you are not the registered keeper of the vehicle you may not be able to tax until you get a V5C in your name.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...030815.pdf
Thanks given by:
Shit. Basically. I'm gonna lay hell into them arseholes I get some more money off the car.
Thanks given by:
Lol, just tell them to look harder for the original V5! If they swap it online you'll get a new V5 within a week and can use their green slip to tax immediately.
Thanks given by:
My mate had similar problem rang dvla up and he taxed it over phone I belive might be worth a try

Thanks given by:
Or if they apply for a new v5 they will have that in a week
Thanks given by:
I'm sure my mate applied for the logbook (v62 form) at the post office and then he taxed it at the same time on his volvo
Thanks given by:
How do people lose their V5c?!?!?

So many times you see cars for sale...they have FSH n loads of old useless MOT certs..but they can't find their V5. Seriously.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haven't you seen how much of a shit-tip some people live in? I'm amazed some people can find anything... lol

That said, I think it's more a 'can't be arsed to look' in some cases... Tell them you want them to cover the £25 fee and you'll buy the car and suddenly it appears. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 07:27 AM)Piggy Wrote: How do people lose their V5c?!?!?

So many times you see cars for sale...they have FSH n loads of old useless MOT certs..but they can't find their V5. Seriously.

I lost one, no idea how.
It didn't bother me until my car tax reminder got lost in the post and I couldn't tax the damn thing.

I wouldn't think of selling a car without the V5 though, it's not hard to go and get a new one either.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logbook question Chris_90 5 1,006 26-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  V5 Logbook Issues Toms306 14 2,052 26-08-2015, 12:41 AM
Last Post: swampy
  Taxing a car after purchase Moh 32 7,067 21-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Toms306