Is that my rear screen heater button?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is that my rear screen heater button?
[Image: Console20Buttons.jpg]

Sorry for the phone image quality. The button has no cover, so I'm guessing it's for the rear screen heater. It doesn't stay in when I push it, so if it is, it'll have to be replaced. It doesn't trigger any lights, or the giant hand slap for nobbers trying to undertake on the motorway.
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:
Yes it will be. It's a push on, push off button. It doesn't stay in when on. You should however hear a relay click when you push it (ignition on/engine running only). Another orange one is the fog light which should stay in when pushed.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
The button itself gets brighter when it's on I think?

Fogs are on the stalk on ph3 btw, only other button you'll have is hazards there.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 12:11 PM)andywhy Wrote: Yes it will be. It's a push on, push off button. It doesn't stay in when on. You should however hear a relay click when you push it (ignition on/engine running only). Another orange one is the fog light which should stay in when pushed.

Did you just tell me to push off!!??  Sad
Thanks given by:
Tom's right, it should get noticably brighter when pushed to indicate the heater is active. Mine doesn't, as thats something else on mine thats broken. lol

It also does the heated mirrors iirc. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 05:09 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: It also does the heated mirrors iirc. Wink

It does indeed.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
yeh definitely the rear screen and mirrors. It doesnt click in. Its not very intuitive but it should get very slightly brighter. I doubt the button would ever be a problem.
Thanks given by:
LoL! A bit late, but I just tried it in the dark. (ooer missus!) It does get brighter as I push it in. (facepalm)(ooer missus!)(facepalm) ROFL! But the brightness goes back to nothing when it's released. On the few cold mornings when I could have done with it, it had no effect, so I stopped using it and decided to ask.
Dammit, I'll have to get on me hands and knees and look at the blimmin fuses. I need to check them as the stereo doesen't work either.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the same issue I have. The button SHOULD stay brighter when you let go, to show that the heater is active. I'm not sure which relay/fuse to check tbh, but hopefully someone with better knowledge will be along to solve our woes. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Heated screen is the huge orange relay iirc, top right.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2015, 09:06 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Heated screen is the huge orange relay iirc, top right.

I'll check that later, whie I'm replacing the rear discs and pads.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heated rear screen Orta 8 2,184 27-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Orta
  PP2000 ERROR SCREEN pugolliek 13 3,198 13-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Last Post: pugolliek
  Rear wiper and heated screen not working Willo 7 2,054 07-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: pug306driver