Ebay shocks and springs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay shocks and springs
Are these actually any good? any help is appreciated, don't fancy blowing money on them if they're going to be terrible. If anyone has any other suggestions i'll welcome them!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-40...XQdGJR2~7u

And also these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-1-...wMRXcTsMtg

Cheers
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
The shocks are alright, i bought apex springs for about that much, think they're a 30mm drop, happy eith them! (Matched with those b4s)
Thanks given by: PugRory
If you only are going to change the springs, I will have a set available quite soon (as soon as I take them off the car, going back to std height in my case) for a cheap price.
Thanks given by:
Bilstein B4's work well and are good value for money, but remember that they're really OE replacements rather than massively uprated.

Might want to double check which part numbers they're supplying though, as those rear dampers in the picture look quite skinny and might well be base model spec ones. Never tried the base model 306 ones, but if they're anything like the ones they were supplying in error for 205 GTi's for years then they're likely to be so under-damped that they will be bordering on dangerous.

Indeed, the whole auction doesn't sit right as there's no way that one setup will possibly cover all those variants listed - the weight of an alloy block 1.4 is probably half what a GTi-6 is for example once you factor in the gearbox, and thus need quite different springs to achieve a given ride height. I'm guessing the seller doesn't have a clue.

If you want Bilstein B4's then KamRacing supply the correct ones, know what they're on about and are quite reasonable cost wise - click
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Are these Just cheap and nasty?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-PEUGE...SwsB9WAlNO

(16-11-2015, 10:20 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Bilstein B4's work well and are good value for money, but remember that they're really OE replacements rather than massively uprated.

Might want to double check which part numbers they're supplying though, as those rear dampers in the picture look quite skinny and might well be base model spec ones.  Never tried the base model 306 ones, but if they're anything like the ones they were supplying in error for 205 GTi's for years then they're likely to be so under-damped that they will be bordering on dangerous.

Indeed, the whole auction doesn't sit right as there's no way that one setup will possibly cover all those variants listed - the weight of an alloy block 1.4 is probably half what a GTi-6 is for example once you factor in the gearbox, and thus need quite different springs to achieve a given ride height.  I'm guessing the seller doesn't have a clue.

If you want Bilstein B4's then KamRacing supply the correct ones, know what they're on about and are quite reasonable cost wise - click

Thanks, loads of info there which is helpful. I'm torn between shocks and springs or coilovers, the ones I just posted catch my eye because of the price! whether they're cheap and nasty I don't know, but there isn't half a price jump between those and Gaz coilovers.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 10:20 AM)PugRory Wrote: Are these Just cheap and nasty?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-PEUGE...SwsB9WAlNO

Yes, they're little short of garbage - not that it stops people buying them of course...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 10:16 AM)ben10241 Wrote: If you only are going to change the springs, I will have a set available quite soon (as soon as I take them off the car, going back to std height in my case) for a cheap price.

What springs buddy? Looking to go lower after Christmas.

(16-11-2015, 10:23 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Yes, they're little short of garbage - not that it stops people buying them of course...

That's all I needed to know, won't be buying those then! Haha
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 10:20 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Indeed, the whole auction doesn't sit right as there's no way that one setup will possibly cover all those variants listed - the weight of an alloy block 1.4 is probably half what a GTi-6 is for example once you factor in the gearbox, and thus need quite different springs to achieve a given ride height.  I'm guessing the seller doesn't have a clue.

No, the ad says state reg/engine size when ordering.
Dont just think you're getting what is in the picture.
I'll tale pictures of the car before removing them (I think they are -30mm) and will know more about them after I take them off, all I know about them so far is that they are red!
(17-11-2015, 09:48 AM)ben10241 Wrote: I'll tale pictures of the car before removing them (I think they are -30mm) and will know more about them after I take them off, all I know about them so far is that they are red!

Ok Buddy cheers
Thanks given by:
I ran gti6 springs and b4 on a d turbo estate and it handled rather well and was comfortable in long journeys
The last two sets of B4s I've had have been gash. Bad damping rates and died very quickly. B6s however have been superb... Go figure!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
(20-11-2015, 12:17 AM)adam b Wrote: The last two sets of B4s I've had have been gash. Bad damping rates and died very quickly. B6s however have been superb... Go figure!

I'll take note haha! cheers.
Thanks given by:
Eibach springs are decent.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
I have got b4 on my gti6, can't really comment on them since I installed them last weekend but the ride definitely improved compared to what was installed, which I think we're b4 too actually. The rears were almost seized solid, and the front didn't look very good either. Don't know how long they were on the car though, more than 30k for sure since it's how much mileage I put on it since I've bought the car.
PugRory, regarding the front Springs, all I can tell you is that they are red. I'm happy sending them to you if you cover the postage costs, I don't want any money for them so let me know if you want them or I should just get rid of them. I'm happy to take the springs off the shock for you too.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coilovers/Springs/Shocks Esmyth124 6 2,398 07-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Gti6/VTS Front Shocks/Springs MY95 14 2,987 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Xsara vts front shocks / springs?? Tc306 5 2,420 06-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Tc306