Scanner makes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanner makes
I'm about to venture into the realm of self employment mechanics and would like to know what the best scanner is for less than 2 grand. Used an old solus for ages but want to upgrade, a mate has a launch x431 which is pretty good for 500 quid but I'd rather spend a little extra if I get better quality. Either a modus or solus ultras have come to mind but not had much experience with them to say if there better or not
Thanks given by:
I use both at work daily. The snap on solus is miles better imo, quicker, more user friendly and seems to work first time on more cars. Haven't had much experience with anything from Launch thats newer than 5 years old though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(29-09-2015, 05:00 PM)Poodle Wrote: I use both at work daily. The snap on solus is miles better imo, quicker, more user friendly and seems to work first time on more cars. Haven't had much experience with anything from Launch thats newer than 5 years old though.

Never had an issue with my old solus either to be fair, it's pretty slow now it's got on lol but it's very rare that it doesn't do what I need it too. Might have another solus then Smile
Thanks given by:
We've got a new launch pad Bluetooth thing. Works really well and scans virtually everything.
No idea on cost though
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Just looked at the newer launch stuff, that looks so much better than the old crap we've got. Plus you can't really go wrong at £500 tbf. Is there anything actually wrong with the old one? Personally i'd stick with it unless your local snap on man gives you a good trade in deal, keep your initial outlay as low as possible, never know when you might need the money.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-09-2015, 01:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: Just looked at the newer launch stuff, that looks so much better than the old crap we've got. Plus you can't really go wrong at £500 tbf. Is there anything actually wrong with the old one? Personally i'd stick with it unless your local snap on man gives you a good trade in deal, keep your initial outlay as low as possible, never know when you might need the money.

I wouldn't say its nackerd but definitely past it's peak, starting to freezing/crash a lot but for how many times its paid for itself I think it's time get a new un. That's why I was thinking of the launch as it's pretty cheap and actually pretty good
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Negative Scanner choices Magenta Sunset 5 1,745 17-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Really makes you think. .... Day666 19 3,563 21-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Makes no sense! Nathan1305 83 13,709 19-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Sian