The latest in my woeful saga...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The latest in my woeful saga...
So after the false dawn of hope when my little 206 rolled off the back of the pickup wagon yesterday after I've been told this morning by the garage that: yes whilst the turbo is fubar there's also definitely something else wrong. (For those who didn't see my previous thread we broke down in France)

On idle the car is smoking terribly from the engine block, so god knows what wrong and he says he doesn't wanna start charging me to rip the engine itself apart to diagnose what's wrong as it'd probably be cheaper to dig a new engine....

Great so not only can I not get the Rallye to start I'm now stuck in the "borrow-a-fiesta" for a while yet. Life couldn't get any better.

So as far as I can see my options are:
1). Buy a replacement engine (£200ish off the bay) and get my garage to fit (£600+vat in labour)
2). Bring the car home and break it for bits, hopefully make few hundred quid. But then I have no idea what to get to replace / how to finance said replacement

I've got a job interview for a new job that will come with a company car next Tuesday so if I get that I guess the conversation is mute. But what are the groups thoughts/opinions/suggestions ? Don't suppose anyone would fit an engine for me for a smaller fee? They'd have to work away from home though as obviously car can't move!! 

Any help/thoughts/sympathies are welcome.
Thanks given by:
Break it for bits.

Ive got a cherry red 5 door 306 HDi with 11months mot on it for £400 if you need a runabout? Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
It always comes altogether at once, doesn't it. Never mind mate, there's much worse things out there than driving a fiesta for a couple of weeks lol.

Smoking terribly from the block, is that his professional diagnosis? Are there any other mechanics available locally..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sod's law that! Sorry to hear mate, but as said, there are worse things than borrowing a fiesta for a few weeks. There are these things called legs... I hate bloody using them!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 10:44 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Break it for bits.

Ive got a cherry red 5 door 306 HDi with 11months mot on it for £400 if you need a runabout? Smile

Buy this, and if they try to offer you a company car tell them you live for the 306 and leave the car park in a cloud of coal.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 12:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: It always comes altogether at once, doesn't it. Never mind mate, there's much worse things out there than driving a fiesta for a couple of weeks lol.

Smoking terribly from the block, is that his professional diagnosis? Are there any other mechanics available locally..?

He didn't wanna start stripping it to find what was wrong and start having to charge me labour...

There are other mechanics of course but it's getting a none driveable car to each one. As the mechanic is a friend he'd tow it back to my house for nowt but wouldn't be too happy if I asked him to tow it to a competitor!!

No one fancies a holiday in Skegness and fit an engine for them then Rofl

Cheers for the car offer mate, might take u up on it if my dad demands his fiesta back!! Cud u pm me the rest of the spec so I have all the options?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, bit different if he's a mate.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
id just break the 206 and buy the 306, that way what ever you make off the 206 will pay for the 306. If you get the job, you can always sell the 306 back on or keep it for a weekend car.
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 05:51 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(28-09-2015, 10:44 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Break it for bits.

Buy this, and if they try to offer you a company car tell them you live for the 306 and leave the car park in a cloud of coal.
This lol or...

This is what id do but all the money won't come at once! :-(
(28-09-2015, 09:08 PM)procta Wrote: id just break the 206 and buy the 306, that way what ever you make off the 206 will pay for the 306. If you get the job, you can always sell the 306 back on or keep it for a weekend car.
Thanks given by:
I felt for you when you broke down in france, but this is just pure shit.
bad luck always comes in 3s.....

my personal opinion, would be to break the 206 if you can be bothered, If you can afford the 306 get it, if not then keep the fiesta for as long as you can, while you strip the 206.

i would suggest fixing the car yourself, but on previous posts i can guess thats something your not fond of. You could always sell the 206 borked.... some one out there is prob willing to buy it for more than scrap value.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 07:24 PM)Orta Wrote:
(28-09-2015, 12:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: It always comes altogether at once, doesn't it. Never mind mate, there's much worse things out there than driving a fiesta for a couple of weeks lol.

He didn't wanna start stripping it to find what was wrong and start having to charge me labour...

There are other mechanics of course but it's getting a none driveable car to each one. As the mechanic is a friend he'd tow it back to my house for nowt but wouldn't be too happy if I asked him to tow it to a competitor!!

No one fancies a holiday in Skegness and fit an engine for them then Rofl

Cheers for the car offer mate, might take u up on it if my dad demands his fiesta back!! Cud u pm me the rest of the spec so I have all the options?

PM'd details dude Smile its there for the taking if you need it!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest purchase Iceman299 7 2,079 11-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Latest new toy! declantg 34 7,607 14-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: 1616six
  Latest on Padge Jenkosowls 136 48,838 13-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Last Post: padge