HDi Conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Conversion
(16-09-2015, 02:14 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I can confirm the pins at the wing are NOT the same on MINE. Started looking into pin data and wiring today. Now that ive taken a step back from a little stress it doesn't look to bad. Ive marked up old xud loom and ill begin to mark up hdi loom when im back. Surprisingly the connectors on the body of the car actually have more pins in on my xud than they do on the hdi i stripped. I have a theory. That could be wrong. That its because most the stuff on a hdi is run from the bay. Also need to wore in an obd2 connector. Im doing mine in the engine bay just for ease.

Any chance you can send me pics and like a kind of guide on what you do? Would be greatly appreciated
Thanks given by:
Also just a side note. I find it wierd how many sudden hdi conversions people want to do. I keep killing xuds so it seems like a logical step for me. Just out of interest why not xud it?

Ill film and document the entire lot as i go along as a reference to people who wish to do the same man. Its not a problem. Poodle is also a help along with ruan. Sam barker also put one in his 305.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Just get comfortable with a multimeter, write down everything, put labels on every wire for what they do... There's a total of maybe 30 wires that go back to the car - probably 60-70% of those you don't actually use, they're for crap like the immobiliser.

I've done a conversion to a car that never even had a HDi engine in - or frankly an engine with an ECU for that matter, and it took us maybe 2 hours to completely figure the wiring?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
its the modern version of doing an Mi16 conversion to a 205 XS Big Grin
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Main reason for the swap is my xud lump is pretty tired now and I don't wanna keep throwing money and it. So thinking of going HDi with the hope of it being more economical and reliable
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2015, 07:26 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(16-09-2015, 07:21 AM)Toms306 Wrote: They do black 3dr HDi's though...what's in a shell (apart from probably rear arch rust on a ph2 Tongue )?

Possible back seat memories.. Ya know.. Haha

MG Maestro 2.0efi Tongue
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2015, 02:47 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Main reason for the swap is my xud lump is pretty tired now and I don't wanna keep throwing money and it. So thinking of going HDi with the hope of it being more economical and reliable

Hopes a funny thing. Lol. A good xud engine in its standard form and staged 1 has been nothing but reliable for me mustve clocked nearly 100k in them combined since i started driving. When i started really tuning them though i had reliability issues. Lol. If you want to go hdi who am i to say dont. I say go for it. Be prepared to learn a few new skills in the process and swear a few times though.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2015, 02:47 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Main reason for the swap is my xud lump is pretty tired now and I don't wanna keep throwing money and it. So thinking of going HDi with the hope of it being more economical and reliable

Thanks given by:
(16-09-2015, 03:48 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:

This.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2015, 04:18 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(16-09-2015, 03:48 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:

This.

This again
Thanks given by:
So not worth the hassle?
Thanks given by:
Thats dependent on your decision not ours man. Ill help where i can once ive done mine if need be. Up to you.
Thanks given by:
It totally depends what you want from your car, if you're doing it because you want more reliability and more economy - absolute waste of time.

There's many other reasons you might want to do it, but all of those are essentially moot points, the HDi has just as many problems as an XUD, if not more and without the right diagnostic tools and skills, can be more problematic than a simple XUD anyway.
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2015, 06:01 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: So not worth the hassle?

with any conversion, you got to ask your self is it worth the hassle, best advise I can give to you, is buy a 306 HDi donor car, so you have everything you need, and basically re shell it into your current shell.
wont be a hard job, but it will take time, plan well and take a lot of photos! If you can remove things as whole, ie not having to strip the full lot down. So its all easy fit again, also change things that you know is going to be a pain in the arse, ie the clutch cable, while the engine is out, that would make life easier!
do not cut any corners as it will come back and bite you!
Thanks given by: